• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Svs sb1000 VS Rel HT1205

Sukh0000007

Hi.

I have a question regarding 2 subwoofers. The SVS Sb1000 has 300 watts of power, with a 12 inch driver, and goes as low as 24htz. And the REL ht1205, 500 watts and 12 inch, at 22htz.

I am blind buying, does anyone have recommendations from the 2? The svs sb1000 piano gloss is the same price as the REL, but which would you recommend for a 5.1 set up for music and movies..

Ambienz

Sorry I can't recommend one over the other.

I have the SB1000 in one of my AV systems. I like it, it works well, is quite bulletproof and have never had a problem with it. I don't really use it for music as I find it overkill even with B&W bookshelf speakers at the same levels used for movies. I can keep adjusting, or it's simpler to turn off.

For movies it is more than capable of realistic LFEs in a room 6x4x3. That said I would look to upgrade it to the 2000 Pro or 4000 at some stage as it was just bought as an entry level sub.

I think the SVS is more compact if that's any consideration.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi.

I have a question regarding 2 subwoofers. The SVS Sb1000 has 300 watts of power, with a 12 inch driver, and goes as low as 24htz. And the REL ht1205, 500 watts and 12 inch, at 22htz.

I am blind buying, does anyone have recommendations from the 2? The svs sb1000 piano gloss is the same price as the REL, but which would you recommend for a 5.1 set up for music and movies..

I think REL HT1205 would have edge from those two purely performance wise. Although if you are paying nearly 700£ you should consider Arendal Sub 1961 1S. Comparable SVS SB2000 Pro costs 1k£!

If you want to go cheaper have you considered BK XXLS400? They are now available again and for much lower price 397£ + 10£ shipping. Satin black and white DF, Black FF, Cherry wood veneer FF, Light Oak FF and few more expensive wood veneer options. See them below:

All specs, finishes and larger pictures here:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom