SVS SB1000 or XTZ 10.12?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by elitecon1, Dec 10, 2016.

1. elitecon1

elitecon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Looking for some advice on which to go with?

I am looking for something that's not too big to please the wife as in the lounge (not dedicated room) and as existing is in white more chance of getting the OK. These subs are similar in size and cost for white but which is better for movies and games.

Any one tested them tried together that could advise or experience? Not many reviews or comments on the XTZ 10.12 but as ported goes lower which suits movies?

Currently on a 150 watt 6.5in sub (sealed), I assume both of these would show a marked improvement?

2. Rick84

Rick84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +569
    Have you considered BK subs? They have a good reputation on here. They come as both forward and downward firing so can look more like a piece of furniture if ya go for the downward.

3. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +736
    Yes you are right. XTZ would be better choice for movies. Has more power, box that can move air,XTZ claims it will play to 20hz. Very tweakable, it`s always a plus.

Actually i could find 3 reviews on the first page. Seems like a killer one for the price. start

12.17 seems to be popular here in Europe. People have been very happy with it. SVS is great brand, but going from sealed to ported was the best move i could make (for movies). I wish you could go hear them at epichomecinema first. Take wife with you, she may accept the bigger one. It`s not that big. ;)

It will be night and day difference to your old "boombox".

Edit. Read this part TV/MOVIES. It will give you some idea what to expect with bigger ported / sealed sub with movies. SVS PB1000 and SB1000 Subwoofer Review - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016