SVS SB-2000 Subwoofer Review & Comments

Good timing - my next upgrade is to replace my old REL Storm sub, and I've been wondering whether to get the SB-1000 or the SB-2000.

May I ask, what are the dimensions of your room, and where did you place the sub?

Cheers.

Steve W

Good timing - my next upgrade is to replace my old REL Storm sub, and I've been wondering whether to get the SB-1000 or the SB-2000.

May I ask, what are the dimensions of your room, and where did you place the sub?

Cheers.

Steve W
I'd definitely go for the SB-2000, it's a bit more but you're getting so much for the extra cost. I usually end up positioning a sub at the side near the front but I'd have to check my exact dimensions, I can't remember off the top of my head. I wouldn't worry though, the SB-2000 might be compact but it can definitely handle a sizeable room.

Mmm - been thinking about changing my SVS SB12+ for some time now - purely down to upgradeitous. Would this be considered a step up?

how would this compare to a mission m5as - dramatic difference?

I would also like to know if its much of an improvement on the sb12nsd...on another note i cant stand that black ash finish, the charcoal vinyl wrap was better than that!

Looks like a great little sub. Two of those would make a nice setup.

I currently have the the PB1000 which I find is a great with movie sound effects, but I find a bit sluggish with drums etc in music. Is the SB2000 similar in bass depth performance but tighter compared to the PB1000 ?

Yes badboymick, that's a very good description of the SB-2000, plenty of depth but a bit tighter with a touch more control.

...on another note i cant stand that black ash finish, the charcoal vinyl wrap was better than that!

This, along with the metal grille is what put me off, for the same money the new XTZ 12" cinema sub looks good.
I think if you can hide it out of the way one or even better two SB 2000 would be very good.

Thanks Steve for your reply. Will be purchasing a SB2000. Originally got a PB1000 to replace a Ruark Log-Rhythm sealed subwoofer. I found the PB1000 to be absolutely superior to my old sub for movie effects but when listening to music, for example: Through The Never from Metallica I found the PB1000 not to be as sharp as my old sub. Judging from your review, the SB2000 should give me the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
thanks for that review steve, will put this on my shortlist when i upgrade my sub hopefully in the next 6 months

Hi Phil (or Steve),
What general sound differences would you find between the PB-2000 and the SB-2000 ? I rarely listen to music, only movies. Also will either be a vast improvement over my SVS PC12 NSD. As Steve will be aware, I'm using a Pioneer SC-LX83 for power with KEF KHT6000's. The reason I ask is that the wife would prefer a 'box' sub hidden out of view rather than our current one that climbs above the back of the settee like the 'Leaning tower of Pisa.'
Chris

I haven't had a chance to review the PB-2000 yet but obviously that is ported and pretty big, whilst the SB-2000 is sealed and much smaller. So given your wife's views the SB-2000 might be a good choice, it's certainly ideal for movies and has plenty of kick.

Guys, I have a room similar in size to Pecker's and have been looking to upgrade my Rel Strata 3. I sought advice from SVS having considered the SB 2000 and the PB2000 and received the below advice.. Hope this assists.....

If you listen at loud to very loud levels, for maximum impact in a smaller package, consider the SB13-Ultra. For moderate to loud listening levels, the SB-2000 could fit the bill. Both subs will mate nicely with your Monitor Audio speakers and complement the rest of your system with accurate, authoritative bass.

Performancewise this seems to be a great choice of sub. Would really like a few more choices when it comes to finish though.. Plain white/black and gloss, and a more subtle grille.

Somewhat OffT question:
If Im running AV receiver + stereo amp (with AV-in) connected to pre-out of the AV receiver (fronts connected to to the stereo amp) , how would one connect the SB2000 to be able to use it for both movies (AV) and music (2ch)?
AV receiver to LFE and stereo amp to...?!

Has anyone purchased this that previously had an XXLS400 or Mono?

Has anyone purchased this that previously had an XXLS400 or Mono?
Good ask, as that's a question I would ask

The SB 2000 seems to dig as deep as the Mono (?? I think I read) but would be more "agile", question; would it be subjectively "better" like a bigger better xxls 400??

Would appreciate a comparison comment, thanks

Mine has just arrived at work.

I told reception it wouldn't be too big as the sub is just over a foot cubed.

Well, those might be the dimensions of the sub, but with the box and packaging...

:eek:

Steve W

Gotta let us all know impressions

Quick get it unboxed and plumbed in!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom