Quantcast

SVS SB-13 Ultra Subwoofer Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Ed Selley, 13th March 2013. This is a fantastic subwoofer that goes a long way to being almost all things to all men. Anyone lucky enough to own one is likely to have a blast.
Read the full review...

1979scotte

Novice Member
Heard this at the Bristol show, they used the train crash scene from Super. I giggled like a child it was immense. You could easily hear and feel it on other floors of the hotel.
Totally agree that the grill is awful on a premium product such as this.
Thanks for the review.

Doomlord_uk

Is the grille removable?

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Think we may be due a sub group test.
Indeed, i'd love to hear how this ranks against a Paradigm SUB12 and the KK DXD-2012.. maybe chuck a B&W DB1 in there too, for good measure.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Indeed, i'd love to hear how this ranks against a Paradigm SUB12 and the KK DXD-2012.. maybe chuck a B&W DB1 in there too, for good measure.
Well, I can tell you for free, I'm going to need a bigger house!

samhain

I have the KK after having the SB13 which is exactly the same as the ultra without a sparkly glossy finish.

The output in raw output is about the same. The KK kills it in every other way TBH. The SB13 always felt that you really had to push the amp to the max to get it to perform, the KK is completely effortless.

Musically, there is no competition the KK is sublime; so with very similar outputs and then the benefits of what the KK has on offer over and above it then becomes a more simple choice.

True Romance

Distinguished Member
Well, I can tell you for free, I'm going to need a bigger house!
So what about it AVforums, what's the chances of a group sub test say in the £1k to £2k range?

KWB1

''On balance though, once my Neat floorstanders were in situ instead of the smaller Mordaunt Shorts, for almost everything I listened to via the Stream Magic 6, I was happy to trade off the last half an octave and let the faster isobaric bass arrangements of the Neats work on their own''

Exactly how I felt with my Kef R900's..