Question SVS SB 1000 vs REL HT/3001

One more thing

Established Member
Reaction score
Narrowed down to these 2 subs. Both seem to have very good reviews online. Anyone had experience of both/any of these? Room is 4x4.5 approx and will be probably end up being used with MK satellites so maybe 120hz crossover so would need a strong upper bass presence. 70% TV and movies, 30% music. I like subs to be fast and musical, not bothered about deep pressurized bass and ported subs. Wont be played anywhere near reference levels either with it being a living room, kids etc.

Thanks!

Do you mean the REL HT-1003? As the designation suggests this REL sub has been designed with Home Theatre in mind and is something of a departure from their traditional design. With music in mind you should perhaps look at the T5i. It's very quick and underpins music beautifully. Maybe a tad underpowered with film in mind especially if the room is large and is downward firing which is good a prying fingers can't get at it.

I've had a REL T5 for eight years and it finally blew a resistor a couple of weeks ago and it turned out to be a cheap repair. Being used almost everyday I'm more than happy with REL's reliability.

Thanks. Yeah that's the one. Only thing is I had a DF BKXLS400 a while back and with my suspended wooden floors didnt get great results so was going to stick to FF this time. Good to know the T5i is fast though, cheers!

Only thing is I had a DF BKXLS400 a while back and with my suspended wooden floors didnt get great results so was going to stick to FF this time.

Shame you didn´t try some thick heavy slab of granite/concrete paving slab under XXLS400 (w/ spikes). From members past experiences i remember those have made quite big difference with similar flooring, be it DF or FF driver orientation.

Maybe @Conrad. and @Ultrasonic or other members have experience / better knowledge regarding this?

Shame you didn´t try some thick heavy slab of granite/concrete paving slab under XXLS400 (w/ spikes). From members past experiences i remember those have made quite big difference with similar flooring, be it DF or FF driver orientation.

Maybe @Conrad. and @Ultrasonic or other members have experience / better knowledge regarding this?
Thanks, I had good results with an MK V8 on a subdude, I’d get another MK if they were not so expensive. The MK is in the other room FWIW

Thanks, I had good results with an MK V8 on a subdude, I’d get another MK if they were not so expensive. The MK is in the other room FWIW

Well if the size of MK V8 worked fine for you then i would assume the BK XLS200-FF will be all you need. BKE`s ebay site sells grade-b products which are new and from the feedback in perfect shape always, comes with full warranty. You can make savings of 50£+. Gloss black and walnut XLS200-FF available for 325£ and 350£ + 10£ shipping.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I always thought DF was ideal for suspended floors and that is was concrete floors that were bad for DFs. I might have that the wrong way around though.

As for a sub-dude, alternatives were mentioned here the other day: Subwoofer Moving Across Floor

that might save you a bit of cash?

Well if the size of MK V8 worked fine for you then i would assume the BK XLS200-FF will be all you need. BKE`s ebay site sells grade-b products which are new and from the feedback in perfect shape always, comes with full warranty. You can make savings of 50£+. Gloss black and walnut XLS200-FF available for 325£ and 350£ + 10£ shipping.

Thank you. Trouble is I'm pretty sure the BK's have a solid output up to 120hz, I was trying to get a strong repsonse in the upper bass region to blend better with small MK satellites. The MK V8 does this well and by the looks of the specs the SVS and REL also do.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thank you. Trouble is I'm pretty sure the BK's have a solid output up to 120hz, I was trying to get a strong repsonse in the upper bass region to blend better with small MK satellites. The MK V8 does this well and by the looks of the specs the SVS and REL also do.

What i know is that XLS200 measures very good for the size & price, although it`s suited best on small rooms. SB1000 offers bit more with 12" driver in compact size, including high level connection which the REL misses. There is now -10% discount code for SVS products on few sites which makes it even more intresting!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom