Svs SB-1000 rumbling

AL0012

Standard Member
Hi
I've just had my 1 month old SB1000 replaced under warranty but even the new one is the same.

When the power is switched on it makes a rumbling sound, it's not very loud but it's noticeable and annoying when watching a movie, especially the silent suspence scenes. I've tested it with the cable removed and tried it in different power points in the house but it's the same.

Been emailing technicals and they assumed the amp was at the fault but even the new one is doing the same but not as loud as the old one.

Any ideas anyone pls?

kahlua

Hi
I've just had my 1 month old SB1000 replaced under warranty but even the new one is the same.

When the power is switched on it makes a rumbling sound, it's not very loud but it's noticeable and annoying when watching a movie, especially the silent suspence scenes. I've tested it with the cable removed and tried it in different power points in the house but it's the same.

Been emailing technicals and they assumed the amp was at the fault but even the new one is doing the same but not as loud as the old one.

Any ideas anyone pls?
need more details mate,equipment,settings on sub and amp.

AL0012

Standard Member
It make the noise with just the power cable plugged in.

Technical seem to think it's the amp again. Which is strange to get the fault with the new one as well
20200115_173228.jpg

Ed Mullen

A very faint noise floor from the amp is normal - but it should only be audible with your ear near the woofer in a quiet room.

The amp is easy to change - we can test one here in our OH USA facility in 220V to make sure it's behaving as expected and then ship it out.

We can also work with your dealer on another replacement subwoofer that they test before they ship out.

AL0012

Standard Member
That would be great If a tested sub can be arranged with the dealer. As I'm getting a bit tired of making the trips back and forth.
I've been emailing Scott Armstrong in technical.