SVS SB-1000 Pro Subwoofer Review & Comments

However, assuming you're not bothered about convenient features like the remote app, the BK P12-300SB-PR is the best buy king. For less money you get a simple but well-designed sub with 300W of amplification and the ability to go below 20Hz.

Poor Steve, I think you guys got to him ;)

Only joking :devil:

I bought the SVS PB-1000 Pro from Chris at American Audio a few weeks ago. I love it!

I wasn't sure about going for a ported unit but decided to give it a shot. It is no slouch! I'm still amazed at how dynamic it is.

I also opted for the SoundPath Isolation System feet. They seem to do a very good job of isolating the sub.

Oh, and the app. A Godsend!

Having already reviewed the original PB-1000 (plus owning one for a couple of years) and now the SB-1000 Pro, I'd be more interested in reviewing a different product like the 3000 Micro.
Understood, but notice the PB1000 Pro now has 12" driver (PB1000 had 10") and from the data presented it`s getting closer to PB2000 Pro with deeper extension and higher output to old one (639£ vs. 999£), also new dual port design. So the performance gains are bit higher than if it would have been just "refined" new 10" version! Also you can run it sealed (music listening?) after telling it that to app (not the case with old PB1000), plus of course the room compensation feature so it can basically work in small rooms too. I think this will be one of the best performing woofers in that 575£ (AVF member discount) range, who can handle the size!

But the Micro 3000 will be intresting too! :)

@Steve Withers I currently have a Kef HTB2 sub, as part of the old KEF 3005SE eggs package, in a medium sized living room. In your opinion, would the SB-1000Pro represent a substantive upgrade over the HTB2 (which is still a decent performer) or am I better off saving up for the ported version, or even the 2000Pro series?

Understood, but notice the PB1000 Pro now has 12" driver (PB1000 had 10") and from the data presented it`s getting closer to PB2000 Pro with deeper extension and higher output to old one (639£ vs. 999£), also new dual port design. So the performance gains are bit higher than if it would have been just "refined" new 10" version! Also you can run it sealed (music listening?) after telling it that to app (not the case with old PB1000), plus of course the room compensation feature so it can basically work in small rooms too. I think this will be one of the best performing woofers in that 575£ (AVF member discount) range, who can handle the size!

But the Micro 3000 will be intresting too! :)

The guy who does the Subwoofer 101 YouTube channel and website said he considers the PB-1000 Pro to be the replacement for the old PB-2000 Pro.

He also shares a handy tip to "beef up the explosiveness" for all SVS Pro subs, starting at 14 minutes:

Please remove if inappropriate.

@Steve Withers I currently have a Kef HTB2 sub, as part of the old KEF 3005SE eggs package, in a medium sized living room. In your opinion, would the SB-1000Pro represent a substantive upgrade over the HTB2 (which is still a decent performer) or am I better off saving up for the ported version, or even the 2000Pro series?
A friend of mine uses a pair of HTB2s and they are decent performers, but in my opinion the SB-1000 Pro is a definite step-up in terms of features and bass delivery.

Another appreciative review of an excellent SVS subwoofer, but I'm a "subs are for movies" kinda guy, which would lead me to the ported sister SVS PB-1000 Pro subwoofer instead, if I were to be looking for a small subwoofer (which I'm not).

The real feature of all the SVS subwoofers that have been released since the flagship SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra subwoofers in early 2017 (which all have the Bluetooth remote app filtered down from the flagship) has been how close each succeeding lower series has got to the series immediately above it, for a good bit less money. After the 16-Ultra series there came the upper-midrange 4000 series (which replaced the long-standing 13-Ultra series) of sealed, ported and cylinder models. Then came the all-new midrange 3000 series of sealed and ported models, followed by the Pro revision of the long-standing lower-midrange 2000 series of sealed, ported and cylinder models. Finally we now have the Pro improvement to the enduring entry-level 1000 series of sealed and ported models. But each time the performance of the new or revised series gets close to the one above it. So much so that, for instance, the PC2000 Pro, which costs £1k, delivers about 80% of the performance of the PC4000, which costs £2k.

I'd be interested to see how the new micro compares to these (pro family) , hopefully SVS will send you one (or a couple) for comparison

Good review - seriously considering one of these later in the summer

Whats the AVF discount folks have mentioned?

Does this mean there will be bargains on the old non pro version...

Honestly, the Pro versions are well worth the money. The app is fantastic.

I've been a bit bone idle in the past. Once a sub is set up that is it. I never bothered tweaking it after (well, aside from via the amp settings). Just too much faff on pulling it out, getting round the back etc.

The app is great and you can do everything from the comfort of the sweet spot.

Does this mean there will be bargains on the old non pro version...
RS told me the old versions were out of stock already, and I'm not sure how much less they'd really need to be to represent good value and worth giving up the new features for.

It is the control features that are driving me to these. It's a right faff getting to my current sub to tweak, and even then there's not much to tweak on the old non-pro units.

Being able to adjust the response in the sub via an easily controllable DSP pre-Dirac will I'm sure allow me to get better results in the room after calibration.

Last edited:
Youthman has a very good tutorial on YouTube covering the SVS Pro app:

Skip to 9:30.

It would be interesting to compare the sound of the non pro 2000s and these new 1000 pro versions as they're not a huge difference in price..

The SVS App is far more useful than a just remote control - the 3-band PEQ really allows you to flatten out the frequency response if you have a means of measuring the output.

I bought a pair of PB-3000s about a month ago and, using a UMIK-1 with REW to measure the output, the 3-band PEQs have enabled me to get the 18-80Hz FR to within a 9dB window.

The original 1000 hasn't been discounted formally yet, not sure when / if that will happen soon.

The SB1000-Pro is out if stock in the SVS EU warehouse, with the next delivery stuck on the EverGiven apparently. Expected availability is currently late May. Some dealers may still have stock, we have a couple of open boxes, thats it.

I did see a few PB1000-Pros still available when i was there earlier this week, but not many.

Good, I'm planning on buying a second one before this year is out :)

Last edited:
We have brand new SB1000 Pro's available in Black Ash and Black Gloss for anyone looking for one of the excellent new models? These are physically in stock ready to ship.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can assist/

Best, Tom

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom