SVS Prime Elevations - Mini review

ashenfie

So I decided in my new flat to use Prime elevations in Piano black rather than the KEF R100 due to the worst listening room I've ever had.

The Elevations came in a small box really. On opening they look really nice in Piano black with a 4.5" driver and 1" aluminium dome tweeter . In spec terms 55hz-25khz +-3%. Dirac showed in room 50hz-20khz +-3% so really good for a small box. Very impressed with the quality on parr with the KEFs IMHO.

Playing around with them in my room and came up with the follow rear wall config,

1627057881233.png

This passed with the wife and sounds amazing good. These are very impressive small speakers 9.25 x 5.44 x 7.88. They come with a very cleaver mount system which is solid and super flexible . Roof/Side walls/Back walls and it say 5 different mounting options.

My sound test was first with Gravity and wow the sound rolls all over the place perfect with my system Dirac calibrated match with the R700 is really good. The R700 provide a very flat frequency response that will match by the SVS. Dirac showing before EQ the SVS match this very flat and neutral response curve. The come out will in the listening absolutely brilliantly. Bass 14.5hz and I have clipped the top end to 20Khz with a very flat response.

So I need to get some time on the SVS and see how the settle down, but absolutely no buy remorse. 9/10 from me and I got the Piano black for £395 from hifix rather than the £480 normal price.

DodgeTheViper

I’ve contemplated these for Front Heights but the driver size does put me off a little.

After your impression though, I may just keep them on my list.

ashenfie

Good luck. I am sure you will be impressed.

rccarguy2

Why is the port on the wall facing side???? I'd thought it be downfiring

ashenfie

The seating position is likely to be below the speaker and therefore you could get some port noise

rccarguy2

The seating position is likely to be below the speaker and therefore you could get some port noise

Unlikely as you'll cross over above the port. I've never heard port noise from my Def Tech BP-2X.

What's the point of ported speaker if it's smack up against the wall? It'll be a sealed speaker!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom