SVS Prime Bookshelf and Centre Speakers

John3:16

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am very interested in the SVS Prime Bookshelf & Centre speakers.

Does anyone have any experience of these, especially in conjunction with Denon amplification?

Also, does anyone know of any SVS dealers that offer a home demo/try at home service?

Thanks. 🙏

You will get lot more information at AVSForum as they are super popular in US. I don´t see any reason why it wouldn´t work great with Denon though. Those are good speakers and especially the center channel has got lot of praise, true 3-way design. I am talking about the Ultra range which is often recommended over the Primes, however they can be used for surround/height channels.

SVS utilized the National Research Council (NRC) anechoic chamber in Canada to measure and test the Ultra speakers in addition to voice tuning it in real rooms. This speaker has all of the right parts to make for a good quality design with solid engineering principles to back it up.

Below is good review with measurements to give you some information:

You could ask home trial from AVO as they sell Ultras.

You will get lot more information at AVSForum as they are super popular in US. I don´t see any reason why it wouldn´t work great with Denon though. Those are good speakers and especially the center channel has got lot of praise, true 3-way design. I am talking about the Ultra range which is often recommended over the Primes, however they can be used for surround/height channels.

SVS utilized the National Research Council (NRC) anechoic chamber in Canada to measure and test the Ultra speakers in addition to voice tuning it in real rooms. This speaker has all of the right parts to make for a good quality design with solid engineering principles to back it up.

Below is good review with measurements to give you some information:

You could ask home trial from AVO as they sell Ultras.
Thank you, that’s really helpful. 🙏

Try contacting Frank Harveys (Hifix) in Coventry or The Little Audio Company in Birmingham as they deal with this range of SVS. Personally i think they make a great choice.

Try contacting Frank Harveys (Hifix) in Coventry or The Little Audio Company in Birmingham as they deal with this range of SVS. Personally i think they make a great choice.
Thanks! 😊👍

To finish up this thread, I ended up with a pair of previously loved SVS Prime Tower speakers and the matching SVS Prime Centre speaker that I found on eBay . I could not be more pleased, they sound great. In fact, they were so impressive that I invested in a new pair of Prime Satellite speakers to replace my Kef rears. It is almost a shame to use the little Prime Satellite speakers for rears. I ran them as fronts for a couple of days, just to break them in, and I was seriously impressed how good these tiny speakers were. They sounded like speakers at least twice their size. As rears they are a perfect match for my new fronts and centre. Surround effects now swirl around the room with no change in timbre at all. To sum up, I could not be more pleased with my new SVS Prime speakers. Highly recommended! 😀👍

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom