1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS port tune models-which to get?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by nathan_silly, Jun 26, 2003.

1. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I'm looking at the various graphs on the SVS site. It's made me veering towards getting the 16hz port tune, as alot more DVD's have bass down to 14hz... or am I looking at it wrong?

Ian, if your 20hz model is loud enough, would you say loosing 2 dB (on the 16hz model) be negligible?

Has anyone compared 16/20 SVS model's for AV use?

Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I could tune my 20-39 down to 16Hz by using one of the supplied port blockers. I know that I should do this if for no other reason than to see what it is like but I am more than happy with the way the sub performs out of the box and so am in no hurry to experiment and upset all of the current settings.

Mine is quite loud and low enough for me and I am fairly fussy but whilst 95% would be more than happy with it there is always the 5% that would want more performance just because it was available.

It's not that much more expensive but it is quite a bit taller so go for it then tell us all that we have made a mistake :D

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
  4. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    After a while I did some experimenting with the ports and one in my 20/39pc+ is still sitting there :smashin: the loss of a couple of db in outright volume is more than made up for by the lower extension,it seems the majority of owners of these fine dustbins have gone that route as well :lesson:

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So shall I go for a SVS SS? They have the 16hz port tune (the Ultra is 20hz)

All-in price will be £1500-£1600. £200+ for a amp.