SVS PC13 ultra would you buy????

Ashmanuk

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So how long have us brits known about the SVS range of subs I have never heard of them before, But they do seem to be good.

Has any one had a listen to the new svs pc13 ultra if so could you let me know what you think of them.

And theirs me thinking it was M&K for cinema subs :rotfl:

Thanks in advance...

The new PC Ultra hasn't been released yet (in the UK) so I wouldn't expect too many replies from folk regarding its performance.

AV-Sales (Kent Home Cinema) are the official UK distributor for SVS subs...

:)

Even if the new Ultra offers no improvement to the PC Ultra I've owned for 2 years, it is still an incredible sub.

I've owened a lot of subs, and nothing.. I mean NOTHING, comes close the performance of this beast. Even much, much more expensive ones.
It's not just about it having the power and depth to almost shake your house down :D it is also incredibly fast and tuneful.

It is the most 'upgrade proof' unit in my entire AV set up!
I honestly couldn't give it a stronger recommendation.

Even if the new Ultra offers no improvement to the PC Ultra I've owned for 2 years, it is still an incredible sub.

I've owened a lot of subs, and nothing.. I mean NOTHING, comes close the performance of this beast. Even much, much more expensive ones.
It's not just about it having the power and depth to almost shake your house down :D it is also incredibly fast and tuneful.

It is the most 'upgrade proof' unit in my entire AV set up!
I honestly couldn't give it a stronger recommendation.

The 13 has to be an improvement, otherwise why bother?

Ashmanuk, be prepared for some good stuff, if you've never heard one :smashin:
Simply excellent VFM :)

Ashmanuk, I see you're in Kent. Why not book an audition of the current PC range at AV-Sales?

Are these Ultra cyclinder models better than the PB square models? As in, would the Ultra 12 (if I can call it that) be better sounding than the PB12 Plus/2?

Are these Ultra cyclinder models better than the PB square models? As in, would the Ultra 12 (if I can call it that) be better sounding than the PB12 Plus/2?
Alot depends on the room the subs in, I changed a pb12- ultra 2 for a pc- ultra tube which in my room performed much better, I do think the big boxes need room to breath to perform at there best wheres the cylinders ports are on top which in my case seems to have made a big difference.

Thank to all,

jules, badger cant wait to hear this sub and sdb123 i will book a demo there, i know where the shop is located.

Thanks for everyones input

The manufacturers claim that they should sound similar (if not identical) as the components used are the same as are the internal volumes but some people have found them to sound different which as Gonzo says is probably down to the room

any prices on these ?

Also, do people find this style more wife friendly than bix fat wooden boxes ?

Hi,

Prices are found in the subwoofer power-buy thread (at the top of the sub forum).

Style is subjective....the footprint may be smaller however the new Ultra is 46" tall....hardly slight. Depends on whether she can put up with it or not!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom