1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS PC-Ultra

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Andywilliams, May 12, 2005.

1. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    With me getting a new plasma soon panasonic th37-pv500b iam having to pull the tv stand further out in to the room(corner) so my speakers will sit each side of the new screen.My pc-ultra sits on the other side of the fire place so with having quite a bit of space behind the tv i decided to try the sub round the back and out of sight,I then re calaberated my speakers(had to up the sub +3db) and sat down to spin a few discs, well up to now it sounds superb no boominess and seems to have even better impact on movies so iam going to live with it like this and see how i get on so if theres anyone out there whos wife won't let them have a super sub because of its looks this could be a way out.
    Cheers Gonzo. :)

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Here are a few pics from a mobile phone so quality not brill. Ill have to invest in a proper digi camera.

Attached Files:

• Z9.jpg
      Z9.jpg
      Size:
      21 KB
      Views:
    • Z.jpg
      Z.jpg
      Size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    • Zz.jpg
      Zz.jpg
      Size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  3. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You have a large unsheilded magnet pretty close to your tv there.

Keep an eye out for any distortion or colour problems with the tv. The best way to see it is with a pure white screen.

BTW, not to derail your thread but what was the problem with the PB12/2 Ultra? You probably posted about it before but I haven't been around much recently so I missed it. I plan to get the PB12/2 Ultra when I move to a bigger house, mainly for a little more headroom and to match better with my speakers so your decision to go with the PCU is concerning me.

4. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Daneel
    The tv is fine at the moment no staining at all and it wont be a problem with the new plasma, anyway thanks for pointing it out though.Right the pb12-ultra 2, in my room i couldnt get it to sound right having had the pc+ for 18 months i knew what sound i liked and i couldnt replicate it with the ultra-2.I lost the clean snap of bass that i was used to.It must have been down to the room anyway the pc-ultra has given me what i wanted and iam now very happy and so is kinza who i swapped the pc-ultra for,He says the ultra-2 sounds awesome in his room so it all worked out fine in the end.