SVS PC-4000 Subwoofer Review & Comments

I have the PC-2000. At first I was skeptical about it due to its weight and form factor but I was proven wrong.

It can easily hit 18-17Hz and around 15Hz with room gain. Glad that SVS are continuing with these cylinders as it is so easy to carry around and place whereever you like without occupying a huge footprint.

Personally I won't be buying these heavy subs after owning these cylinders as what I get out of these for its weight and size exceeded my expectations.

I have the PC-2000. At first I was skeptical about it due to its weight and form factor but I was proven wrong.

It can easily hit 18-17Hz and around 15Hz with room gain. Glad that SVS are continuing with these cylinders as it is so easy to carry around and place whereever you like without occupying a huge footprint.

Personally I won't be buying these heavy subs after owning these cylinders as what I get out of these for its weight and size exceeded my expectations.
I'm not sure I'd call the PC-4000 "easy to carry around", but it's definitely less obtrusive once installed and it can go really deep.

I've always been tempted to change my PC-2000 to a sealed sub, but then I've always thought, id instantly regret it.. This seems to be the perfect "upgrade" option for me if I change the PC-2000.

Might have to get some saving done!

I'm not sure I'd call the PC-4000 "easy to carry around", but it's definitely less obtrusive once installed and it can go really deep.

I can see the weight is around 23 Kg which is 1/3rd the weight gigantic front firing subs. So in that context, this should be easy to carry. My entertainment room is the 2nd floor and I remember carrying the PC-2000 all by myself. :)

I can see the weight is around 23 Kg which is 1/3rd the weight gigantic front firing subs. So in that context, this should be easy to carry. My entertainment room is the 2nd floor and I remember carrying the PC-2000 all by myself. :)
The PC-4000 is actually 42kg, but I'll admit to being out of shape. :)

I've got the PC+ 20-39, and it's comfortably the oldest component in my setup now, and I've been considering upgrade options. This may require some serious examination.

I've got the PC+ 20-39, and it's comfortably the oldest component in my setup now, and I've been considering upgrade options. This may require some serious examination.

I used to own this when I had a dedicated cinema room, it was amazing and you felt the bass as much as heard it.

Amazing but of kit.

The PC-4000 is actually 42kg, but I'll admit to being out of shape. :)

Ah I see. Thought it was 23 Kg. Yeah, it is not easily movable then. I concede defeat lol. :)

The 23Kg is the drive unit alone....

Somehow I don't think that having a near life size R2-D2 parked in the corner will be counted by my missus as 'unobtrusive' ;)

I've always been tempted to change my PC-2000 to a sealed sub, but then I've always thought, id instantly regret it.. This seems to be the perfect "upgrade" option for me if I change the PC-2000.

NO! You dont need to spend more money just yet.

I wonder if it would be better to upgrade my PC2000 to the 4000 or just get a second 2000.
I moved from a PB2000 to a PC and im certainly missing something. Im not getting that feeling of pressure or the doors vibrating even though the sub is in the same place.
I also put this down to Down fireing vs forward firing but maybe there is something to do with volume of the box vs its ported brethren.

I have a great sub that goes sub 20hz and costs about 1/6th of the price.
But I want one...... Thank God I can't justify the price.

The PB16 Ultra is 80Kg! My SB16 is heavy enough!

Don't go sealed if you watch movies and have the space for a ported (enter the PC range). I went from an SB13 ultra to a PC12 Plus and never regretted a thing.

NO! You dont need to spend more money just yet.

I wonder if it would be better to upgrade my PC2000 to the 4000 or just get a second 2000.
I moved from a PB2000 to a PC and im certainly missing something. Im not getting that feeling of pressure or the doors vibrating even though the sub is in the same place.
I also put this down to Down fireing vs forward firing but maybe there is something to do with volume of the box vs its ported brethren.

Horses for courses I guess. I always liked downfiring better and gave me better results. More pressure feeling on the ears.

Horses for courses I guess. I always liked downfiring better and gave me better results. More pressure feeling on the ears.
There is not "supposed" to be that much difference however if you have people living below you then down firing is probably not appropriate.

Don't go sealed if you watch movies and have the space for a ported (enter the PC range). I went from an SB13 ultra to a PC12 Plus and never regretted a thing.[/QUOTE

Kind of glad you said that, I've got the PC2000 now. Always been tempted to get a sealed, but I just knew I'd miss this.. Anyway I've ran out of money for upgrades for a while now ha!!

I have the SVS SB2000 and it is more than enough for my small room . This however would give me a better option on placement as my SVS I have now will only fit in one position . Would be an upgrade with option on placement ?

Don't go sealed if you watch movies and have the space for a ported (enter the PC range). I went from an SB13 ultra to a PC12 Plus and never regretted a thing.
I went from an sb 2000 to pb 2000 and regretted it, each to there own

I went from an sb 2000 to pb 2000 and regretted it, each to there own

And that’s the thing. One persons opinion isn’t the holy grail, it’s just an opinion.
Sealed subs are awesome for movies if you ask me and are my preference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom