SVS PC-2000 Pro Subwoofer Review & Comments

If there is folks considering PB2000 Pro model, James has reviewed and measured it now!
For the lazy readers;

" First of all, the performance is a big leap over the previous 2000 generation which wasn’t at all bad to begin with. Where the mid-bass output of the previous 2000 subs was fine but not spectacular, the 2000 Pro very much takes it up a level and sees on average a 50% performance increase in mid-bass frequency ranges while keeping the same deep extension and clean low-frequency performance that SVS is known for.

At the beginning of this review, we asked whether the 2000 Pro was worth the higher price difference over the older 2000 series subs, and the answer has to be a resounding yes, just for the performance improvements alone. For most of the subwoofer frequency band we see approximately a 50% increase in output, but we only see a 12.5% increase in pricing. "

Would be curious to know how does the new driver of the pro 2000 series compare to the earlier highly regarded Peerless driver.

Would be curious to know how does the new driver of the pro 2000 series compare to the earlier highly regarded Peerless driver.

Clearly better with higher excursion and now two ports against one in the old. SVS own data showed gains in the deep bass also, but it never lacked really with the earlier PB2000 if judging the price. What many hoped more is the mid-bass slam so this is great news! Sadly the black ash finish is a deal breaker for many. 🤔

Clearly better with higher excursion and now two ports against one in the old. SVS own data showed gains in the deep bass also, but it never lacked really with the earlier PB2000 if judging the price. What many hoped more is the mid-bass slam so this is great news! Sadly the black ash finish is a deal breaker for many. 🤔

Thanks for the reply Gasp, I am still using the earlier PC 2000 & very happy with it. I wish they had retained the volume knob in the 2000 pro series rather than increasing the volume by pressing buttons. Off course that is a minor issue though.

Then you have a fridge on its side as opppsed to a bin 🙄

I've heard both, own two PC-2000's. SVS is IMO better. Let alone the PC2000 Pro.

You got a wonderful setup Stefan. The cylinder actually looks good & different for a change from boxes. I had initially ordered the PB 2000 but changed to PC 2000 & absolutely no regrets. It's wonderful, at least for my tastes.

I really love my PB2000 pro so much so I want a 2nd one, but I think I'll go for the cylinder version to save some space lol🙄

I really love my PB2000 pro so much so I want a 2nd one, but I think I'll go for the cylinder version to save some space lol🙄

Have you done some pre-measurements with REW how the 2nd sub would measure in X spot? Where are you planning to place it? I remember you had the speakers and sub in the narrowish part. :( If something changed post picture.

Good idea to use the cylinder to save floor space. :)

Have you done some pre-measurements with REW how the 2nd sub would measure in X spot? Where are you planning to place it? I remember you had the speakers and sub in the narrowish part. :( If something changed post picture.

Good idea to use the cylinder to save floor space. :)

Hello mate, I've only done rew measurements on one sub in different positions in the same place. I'm going to place the 2nd sub in the opposing rear corner of the room. In that corner the bass response in my room is the strongest.

Yeah that's correct, it's still in the narrowist part, I cannot change that at all. Sounds good, the single sub pressures the room👍

I'm also getting ready to pull the trigger with arendal speakers for my LCR. 1723Tower S.

Hello mate, I've only done rew measurements on one sub in different positions in the same place. I'm going to place the 2nd sub in the opposing corner of the room. In that corner the bass response in my room is the strongest.

Yeah that's correct, it's still in the narrowist part, I cannot change that at all. Sounds good, the single sub pressures the room👍

I'm also getting ready to pull the trigger with arendal speakers for my LCR. 1723Tower S.

Hiya! Nice to hear the PB2K is able to shake the room! Going to be awesome with 2nd added there. 🤯

I don´t remember in which thread we chatted, but yeah i was left bit worried that you aren´t hearing the 603s at their best now. They should be on the long wall, but we do what we can. Really shame. I wonder how the larger Arendal will sound there. Well you got the buy&try at least. I expect the 1723 S Centre to be quite substantial upgrade especially as the HTM6 haven`t got much praise, shame for B&W to drop out the larger model. But these are tough times and if product doesn´t sell enough..

Hiya! Nice to hear the PB2K is able to shake the room! Going to be awesome with 2nd added there. 🤯

I don´t remember in which thread we chatted, but yeah i was left bit worried that you aren´t hearing the 603s at their best now. They should be on the long wall, but we do what we can. Really shame. I wonder how the larger Arendal will sound there. Well you got the buy&try at least. I expect the 1723 S Centre to be quite substantial upgrade especially as the HTM6 haven`t got much praise, shame for B&W to drop out the larger model. But these are tough times and if product doesn´t sell enough..

We've spoken a few times now, and I think it was you that recommended the SvS sub that I've got now. In hindsight i wished i spent the extra on the PB3000. If you recall I had a little REL q150e. First time I've experienced proper LFE from the SVS. So that was a massive upgrade for me, but like everything else you want more.Lol.

Yeah also agree I think the centre speaker is poor and needs upgrading. definitely want to buy and try for 60 days, as you say big upgrade.

We've spoken a few times now, and I think it was you that recommended the SvS sub that I've got now. In hindsight i wished i spent the extra on the PB3000. If you recall I had a little REL q150e. First time I've experienced proper LFE from the SVS. So that was a massive upgrade for me, but like everything else you want more.Lol.

Yeah also agree I think the centre speaker is poor and needs upgrading. definitely want to buy and try for 60 days, as you say big upgrade.

And if you spent more there's the pc 4000, pb 4000, pb ultra 16...

It never ends. You always want some more like rca posted below.. :laugh:

But when you add another PB2K Pro your woofers will outperform one PB3000 even if at further away each other. :) The working range is fairly similar, there is no extended mode on 3000 range. Not sure could you have been able to add second 3000 (2x 1500£) as easily as you can with this lot cheaper one.

PS. There is two brand new open box PC2000 Pro´s for 849£ (999£ RRP) at AVO!

Condition: Grade 1
Product is as new, packaging is original, but has been opened, or is significantly damaged or marked. All accessories and full warranty included. We don't provide images for these products. See description for any further details.

It never ends. You always want some more like rca posted below.. :laugh:

But when you add another PB2K Pro your woofers will outperform one PB3000 even if at further away each other. :) The working range is fairly similar, there is no extended mode on 3000 range. Not sure could you have been able to add second 3000 (2x 1500£) as easily as you can with this lot cheaper one.

PS. There is two brand new open box PC2000 Pro´s for 849£ (999£ RRP) at AVO!

Condition: Grade 1
Product is as new, packaging is original, but has been opened, or is significantly damaged or marked. All accessories and full warranty included. We don't provide images for these products. See description for any further details.

I could put the 2nd sub the cylinder up front behind the left speaker. Would that be a better position? I guess that will need to be measured via REW to confirm that.

I did see on the AVO website those links you posted but I'm worried if they are actually damaged?? I would be happy with that if it's only opened box?

I could put the 2nd sub the cylinder up front behind the left speaker. Would that be a better position? I guess that will need to be measured via REW to confirm that.

I did see on the AVO website those links you posted but I'm worried if they are actually damaged?? I would be happy with that if it's only opened box?

Box only damaged, item is as new as it says. Few members have ordered from AVO those open box woofers and nothing bad to say. If they would lie, customers would return products right away and would bark here.

Opposite front/rear corners, but better to play with REW if you got the Umik.

Probably go for a second hand sbu13 . Can't justify the £3000+ cost to upgrade to better, dual subs

Probably go for a second hand sbu13 . Can't justify the £3000+ cost to upgrade to better, dual subs

I'm only buying one, cylinder 2pro.

I'm just about to purchase the SVS PC-4000 with the view to possibly adding a second one down the line until I came across this thread.

Now I'm thinking if I should go for 2 x SVS PC-2000 Pros instead and save myself some cash ( I'm upgrading from 2 x XTZ 12.17 Edge subwoofers)

Thoughts ?

I'm just about to purchase the SVS PC-4000 with the view to possibly adding a second one down the line until I came across this thread.

Now I'm thinking if I should go for 2 x SVS PC-2000 Pros instead and save myself some cash ( I'm upgrading from 2 x XTZ 12.17 Edge subwoofers)

Thoughts ?

Definitely PC4000 with a view to add 2nd later! While PC2000 Pro is upgrade from 12.17 Edge, it`s not as noticeable as you would want. And when doing upgrade you want to make clear jump. So get the best sub you can afford and add 2nd in future.

AVO has grade-1 PC4000 for 1600£, so you save 400£! The product is in new condition with full warranty, outside box is just damaged.

Definitely PC4000 with a view to add 2nd later! While PC2000 Pro is upgrade from 12.17 Edge, it`s not as noticeable as you would want. And when doing upgrade you want to make clear jump. So get the best sub you can afford and add 2nd in future.

AVO has grade-1 PC4000 for 1600£, so you save 400£! The product is in new condition with full warranty, outside box is just damaged.
Cheers buddy, definitely going for the AVO unit

Cheers buddy, definitely going for the AVO unit

Another option if you are tight on budget, but can fit larger box model then Monoprice Monolith 15THX. This is equivalent to PB4000 (2200£) for 1200£ now on sale, last one available. More coming early next year!

Sound advice that☝️

Wished I did the same..🙈

Sound advice that☝

Wished I did the same..🙈

No one knew about these crazy deals and that Monoprice would bring the subs for UK customers. I think if the rumours are true next year you can get the 15 model under 1k£ with discounts. I don´t know how that is possible for company to make some profit still..

For you there is grade-1 PB2K Pro around 849£! If you were still adding that 2nd one.. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom