SVS PC-2000 Pro Subwoofer Review & Comments

goatlips

No one knew about these crazy deals and that Monoprice would bring the subs for UK customers. I think if the rumours are true next year you can get the 15 model under 1k£ with discounts. I don´t know how that is possible for company to make some profit still..

For you there is grade-1 PB2K Pro around 849£! If you were still adding that 2nd one.. :)

Yep I've got my eye on that, but I think the PC will be a better bet ref floor space.

Conrad.

That Monolith is extraordinary value for money if you can fit it in.

Spee2k

Another option if you are tight on budget, but can fit larger box model then Monoprice Monolith 15THX. This is equivalent to PB4000 (2200£) for 1200£ now on sale, last one available. More coming early next year!
Looks like a great deal but unfortunately cant fit it in hence my going for the PC-4000.

Would a PC-4000 and PC-200 pro work in a near-filed/ far-field combo ?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Looks like a great deal but unfortunately cant fit it in hence my going for the PC-4000.

Would a PC-4000 and PC-200 pro work in a near-filed/ far-field combo ?

I think you would regret this and later upgrade it anyway. SVS usually don´t recommend mixing two models which are not close each other performance wise. You get the 15hz extended mode with PC4000 and as i have posted earlier there is quite massive difference in deep bass output. 13,5" driver with 1200w / 4000w+ amp is no joke. Earthquake at home! 😎 You never know if you can get the 2nd as used for good price when you have saved for it...

Spee2k

Damn she's a biggie!! :)😅

20201118_151839.jpg

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
It`s tall, but won´t take much floor space! Not sure where you planned to place it, but if you have free hands try it in front corner with the extension mode selected, run Audussey again with the sub reading 77-78db via on-screen. Hope you have some good bluray flicks waiting for test run. 😎

Spee2k

It`s tall, but won´t take much floor space! Not sure where you planned to place it, but if you have free hands try it in front corner with the extension mode selected, run Audussey again with the sub reading 77-78db via on-screen. Hope you have some good bluray flicks waiting for test run. 😎
You need free hands and a strong back for this one ! Lol..
I was going to try the front corner , but also would it work at the back corner of the room not far from the sofa ?
Do you mean 77-78 dB on screen on the sub?

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
You need free hands and a strong back for this one ! Lol..
I was going to try the front corner , but also would it work at the back corner of the room not far from the sofa ?

Perhaps, but it might locate also easier at the back with just one sub. Start from front or if you have fairly rectangular basic room without odd shapes you can try REW Room simulation to see which would be best spot for it. You can do also 3mic positions for Audussey so you won`t lose your mind if you want to try it front and rear..

Spee2k

goatlips

Spee2k

goatlips

SonOfSJ

@Spee2k Forgive me for being slightly confused - I'm assuming that the cylinder subwoofer shown in your post #156 is the PC4000? It is indeed a biggie and looks quite tall in your room, taller than my older PC13-Ultra does in my parlour, though it's the same size.

Spee2k

Let us know what it's like...
So I had a chance to setup the PC-4000 yesterday, placed the sub in the front coner and did the Audessey thing. I had to dail the sub volume down to about -25dB to get the level matched right on my Denon. The final trim on the Denon after calibration was -5dB .
So as you do I fired up War of the Worlds Chapter 4 when the aliens emerge , set the sub up in extended mode and increased the volume slightly to -21dB and............. well the only thing i can say I'm still from grinning ear to ear this morning!!:):)
The PC-400 is a force of nature and as @Gasp3621 said an "Earthqauke in your living room"!! This was chest hitting and leg quaking type bass and absoluteley smashed my dual XTZ 12.17 edge setup out of this galaxy !
It was late so really couldnt play around with it that much. My Umik-1 mic arrives today so will run some checks with REW and see what it says , but I'm one happy camper at the moment! :clap::clap:

Spee2k

@Spee2k Forgive me for being slightly confused - I'm assuming that the cylinder subwoofer shown in your post #156 is the PC4000? It is indeed a biggie and looks quite tall in your room, taller than my older PC13-Ultra does in my parlour, though it's the same size.
Yeah it's the PC-4000. I wasnt expecting it to be this big either but its definitely a whopper! At 42kg it's just about within the realms of move-ability . I cant even begin to imagine what something like the PB-4000 or PB-16 Ultra are like to move !
Here are some pics of the sub next to my B&W CM9's
20201120_115059.jpg
20201120_115015.jpg

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
So I had a chance to setup the PC-4000 yesterday, placed the sub in the front coner and did the Audessey thing. I had to dail the sub volume down to about -25dB to get the level matched right on my Denon. The final trim on the Denon after calibration was -5dB .
So as you do I fired up War of the Worlds Chapter 4 when the aliens emerge , set the sub up in extended mode and increased the volume slightly to -21dB and............. well the only thing i can say I'm still from grinning ear to ear this morning!!:):)
The PC-400 is a force of nature and as @Gasp3621 said an "Earthqauke in your living room"!! This was chest hitting and leg quaking type bass and absoluteley smashed my dual XTZ 12.17 edge setup out of this galaxy !
It was late so really couldnt play around with it that much. My Umik-1 mic arrives today so will run some checks with REW and see what it says , but I'm one happy camper at the moment! :clap::clap:

Nice to hear that, although it didn´t come as big suprise for me as one member swapped dual 12.17 Edges to PB3000 and was blown away so i knew PC4000 is going to push the experience even further due to extension mode. Only "issue" you have now is you need to watch all the big blockbuster movies again. 😄Christmas came early for you, enjoy! 😎 :thumbsup:

SonOfSJ

That's a huge bin in your living room
(Sigh) We've been through this ..... See posts #12 and #19, and others, on page ONE of this thread.

Spee2k

So this happened after watching Edge of Tomorrow and Super 8 again last night! 🤣
IMG-20201124-WA0014.jpeg

panman40

Distinguished Member
Anyone gone from the older pc2000 to the pc2000 pro ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips unveils 9636 and 9506 MiniLED TVs
  • By Andy Bassett