SVS PC 12+ vs MONOLITH

asifmehrban

Standard Member
Hi everyone! From what ive read and please correct me if im wrong, the pb/pc 13 ultra is superior to the monolith, but not twice as good, considering the price. Im now curious asto where this leaves the pc12+ against the monolith. Theres still around a 500 notes difference, but how do they compare performance wise? Are they on a par? Or does the svs have the edge? Im up in lancashire so demoing the svs is out of question for me, i want to make sure i get the right one. Im assuming the pc13 ultra and pb13 ultra are on a par with each other, but the housing is diffrent? Looking forward to the feedback with this:)

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Given the recent price hike on SVS products due to the poor pound your best option would be a Monolith I think, don't think you will hear £500 worth of improvement :)

asifmehrban

Standard Member
thanks for that mate. Ive noticed theres a few pc 12+'s in the classifieds..im thinking is it worth having a punt at one of these..again its a couple of hundred over the monolith but is it a better performer? A cylinder with the smaller foot print is appealing!

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
thanks for that mate. Ive noticed theres a few pc 12+'s in the classifieds..im thinking is it worth having a punt at one of these..again its a couple of hundred over the monolith but is it a better performer? A cylinder with the smaller foot print is appealing!
I'm not an expert by any means & initially I intended to buy a Monolith but my other half did not want the big box look, surprisingly she liked the cylinder & I have not regretted getting it for one minute, it does not look out of place & sounds great & mines only the PC12 NSD. It has far more power than I need, sub gain is on around 10 -11 oclock so quite low & it's -7db on the Amp. but even at this level the room seriously vibrates when running my Amp. on -10-12db. It sound equally at home with music & Movies, not fussey about placement either :)

asifmehrban

Standard Member
Hi mate, ive not even turned my rsw12 up that much and it has the doors shaking! I want to upgrade my rs8's to so i'll see how this all unravels. Reading on these forums has sure opened my eyes though!:smashin:

paulr2006

Distinguished Member
Hi mate, ive not even turned my rsw12 up that much and it has the doors shaking! I want to upgrade my rs8's to so i'll see how this all unravels. Reading on these forums has sure opened my eyes though!:smashin:
The Subs running at less than half available power :smashin:

Ian J

Banned
The old SVS PC Plus was an improvement over the Monolith and the newer SVS 12" cylinder is an improvement on the old model should the difference whould be even wider.

"Is it £500 worth of difference" is a question that no-one can answer as we all view "worth" differently but obviously many people here do think it's worth the extra which is why they have bought it.

asifmehrban

Standard Member
Thankyou for the feedback Ian. I have to say i am swaying away from the monolith towards an svs.. Just a matter of which model. Also a thankyou for your offer moonfly:thumbsup: i have pm'd you, looking forward to hearing it!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom