Answered SVS PB4000 Damaged !

joseywales

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys , just bought a PB4000 for £2024 , £225 cheaper than a brand new one as it may have a minor mark or slightly damaged packaging . On unpacking I found its had quite a ding on the back right upper corner (pic attached) the supplier has offered a further 10% off . The pic actually makes it look worse than it is . Should I send it back or put up with it for £400 off ? Thanks
20190315_131523.jpg

Hi Guys , just bought a PB4000 for £2024 , £225 cheaper than a brand new one as it may have a minor mark or slightly damaged packaging . On unpacking I found its had quite a ding on the back right upper corner (pic attached) the supplier has offered a further 10% off . The pic actually makes it look worse than it is . Should I send it back or put up with it for £400 off ? ThanksView attachment 1130248
That's quite a ding. If you can live with it then keep it. Does the sub work ok

That looks to be pretty substantial to me, even £400 wouldn’t be enough of a discount.

At some stage you might want to sell it on, you will take a hit on the price compared to one with more usual wear and tear.

As already said, 'There's nothing minor' about that, just out of interest what was the packaging like, did it show signs of damage in keeping with the damage on the actual Sub ?

Personally, i think i'd be sending it back for a full refund.

Last edited:
The damage is at the back?

How noticeable is it when it's in place?

Can it be repaired by, say, a cabinet maker?

I personally wouldn't keep it, but I agree with Dodge.

Couldn't live with that, not for that money!

Was that the listed damage or did it happen in transit?

Im not sure, I've gone over it very closely and can't find anything else wrong with it. Thanks for the replys.

Sub sounds amazing, where it will go it will never show but selling it on again is a very good point.. Think I will return it..

Thats quite substantial looking, I think a 30-40% discount is more what you would be expecting as they will struggle to sell it like that.

Its going back on Thursday and being replaced with a SB 16 Ultra , but a brand new one this time . The PB4000 did stick out a bit far ! Thanks for all your help guys :thumbsup:

@joseywales I'd be very curious to hear how the SB 16 Ultra compares with your brief acquaintance with the PB4000. I think I'm more a ported subwoofer kinda guy, but I am open to persuasion!

Only just saw this sorry , yes i did ,very pleased with it thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom