Question SVS PB2000 vs XTZ 12.17

st170dan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, looking to upgrade my subwoofer for my 2.1 hifi set up in the next month or so. I had my heart set on the SVS PB2000 as I had done a bit of research on them and liked what I read. I recently learnt about the XTZ 12.17 which aslo seems very good. Wondered if anyone had any thoughts/experience/opinions on which would be the better buy? The XTZ has the advantage of being available in gloss black which will match my speakers (KEF R700) and is also cheaper. I like the different tuning modes on it and the port tuning too, so on paper it sounds great. But I've heard neither. Is the SVS worth the extra money? FYI music tastes are mainly drum and bass and heavy rock (death core, hard core etc) with smatterings of dubstep, dance and acoustic.

Thanks in advance
Dan

You'll get more answers in the subwoofer forum, but I'd look at the Arendal Sub 1 and 1.5 over either of those two.

Russ

I'd go sealed... With that music you'll probably benefit from the tighter control.

The 12.17 are good for AV. I have not spent enough time setting them for music to advise sorry.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom