1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS PB2-Ultra

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by make72, Nov 14, 2004.

1. make72

make72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is this sub best for this price class? if not what sub is better? plaese help me. i'm looking for new strong sub max.2000€ I have B&W703 main speakers.

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there is much in the Sub World that could better it for the price never heard one but from reviews it is an awsome beast, buy with confidence.

John

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    SVS have recently renamed all of their subs and this one is now called the PB-12 Ultra/2

The very well respected Secrets of Home Theater reviewed it here and said that
    I have no doubt that "Secrets" have also tested other subwoofers that they consider to be refererence quality but at double the price at least. The PB-12 Ultra/2 must be the high end bargain of the decade and I doubt whether anything can better it at the price.

4. make72

make72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Those measurements has made 12feet???? Usually they measure 1meter? i have owned Paradigm servo-15 and it was disappointment i think. Dali SWA15 has more power but not so deep as Paradigm.Perhaps Ultra/2 is different planet than Servo-15?

5. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    I have the more humble SVS 20-39 PC Plus and a couple of Servo 15 owners who have heard mine have suggested that it's performance is similar to the Servo 15.

The PB-12 Ultra/2 is a couple of rungs up the ladder from mine and although we don't yet have many owners of this model in the UK there are some threads from highly enthusiastic owners on the American forums.

Incidentally, Joonas Kolkka scored a magnificant goal yesterday against Liverpool :)

6. make72

make72
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was thinking that maybe i get sound nearly of B&W 801 or 800 in my 703+ PB12-Ultra/2 :blush: ?