svs pb12+ isolation mat

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have found that the pb12+ likes to vibrate my floor, i was thinking about getting a granite slab but my pb12+ already has a base plate so i couldnt really see how it would be useful for me, and i remember seeing a load of acoustic foam lying around in work, so i thought i would borrow ;) a bit and try it under my sub, they come in strips 1ft x 5ft and are about 1cm thick, my sub is 18" wide x 25" deep... so i cut two 12" x 17" pieces and taped them together. i cut them small as the foam is pink and i didnt want it to be seen :D

i am certain it has reduced my floor vibration by quite a bit... i tried the haunting DTS chapter 17, and before you really felt it in the floor, but now, you can hardly feel it at all... then suddenly it feels like your seat is being kicked back a few yards :eek: marvellous :thumbsup:

here is a pic of it but it cant be seen unless you look at floor level

dsc000568ku.jpg

What flooring is it on? It looks like carpet from the pic.

I have a concrete floor under the carpet/underlay and I never feel anything in the floor. :confused:

I have myPB12Plus2 on a sandwich of concrete slabs, foam and MDF all covered with carpet. Works a treat:thumbsup:

AngelEyes said:
What flooring is it on? It looks like carpet from the pic.

I have a concrete floor under the carpet/underlay and I never feel anything in the floor. :confused:

unfortunately i have a wooden floor, and yes it is carpet.

i have been looking at mattym 's isolation platforms... http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2197861#post2197861 ...
although they are much more professional than what i am using, i dont think they will make much diference as they are wooden mdf platform on rubber feet, pretty much like the pb12+ built in base plate.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom