SVS PB10 - Spike at <= 40 Hz ?

addiwei

Standard Member
Reaction score
Dear SVS PB10-ISD owners out there,
I've been playing with placement and SPL readings. Anyone else experience the spike from 40 Hz down to god knows what. Crossover set to 60 Hz, I notice a slight dip from 60 Hz to 40Hz. It probably is placement, or my small room, but I pushed the sub out of the corner already. I'm thinking maybe turn down gain on sub...but that would probably worsen the 40-60 hz dip. Any other suggestions?

To help you it is vital that you tell us a bit about your room size and layout (room shape, openings to other rooms, mostly concrete walls or...). What I would do is put the sub in the listening position and find the spot where the bass sounds best. There you should place the subwoofer.

Can you post a graph ,or at least some numbers it will make it easier to see what's happening.

wow thanks for that article bilba. i'll look into it. ill post some pics soon.

Room issue at these freq most likely

it seems like pulling the sub foward will help it. going to try that...i'm going to stick this sub in the middle of my room...use it as a coffee table

Depending on your Front speakers you could try them set to large, as for some people (me included) it can work better. Try moving it around first though :D

thanks for the advice. I got to flatten out the response a little more. Speakers are still small. I set crossover to 50Hz. and turned down my subwoofer gain a little more. I also pulled the sub foward 2 inches.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom