1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Svs Pb10-isd

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by MS-Yam, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MS-Yam

MS-Yam
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before reading the ravings here about subs from SVS, I had not heard of them. But I now understand they are one of the best going!

Can anyone tell me if the new PB10-ISD is a much better sub than the BK XLS200. Having looked on the SVS website I know they look the part, but I understand they are quite expensive.

I would also like to know if I can buy one in the UK, or where it is best to order from in the US. Any idea how much one of these beasts would cost me?

Thanks.

2. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,331
    There are only about 500 or so threads on the subject but try searching for "importing an SVS" which explains most of the details. And yes it is better than the BK but more pricey.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    They are only available directly from the manufacturer in USA website here and that is part of the reason for their success. Not only do they make excellent subwoofers but as they sell directly to the public it makes them much cheaper than their competitors that are distributed here via importers, distributors and retailers all of whom want a slice of the pie.

The PB-10 will be available in about a month's time and whilst the specification looks to offer tremendous value for money we will have to wait and see if the real world performance matches up to the paper spec.

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    No one has one yet ,me and a few others are buying one but it will be quite a while before we get them. So no one can answer that yet.
    About £370 all in.

5. Xstyle

Xstyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    You do now Bob!!!
    BK or SVS? ;)

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I would guess that the SVS would easily outperfom the BK sub but they are designed for different markets. All SVS subs are built without compromise and very little will touch them in the price / performance stakes. The BK offering whilst having a good driver and amp is a compromise because it is designed to appeal to people who want a more compact sub and is more suitable for all those threads that start "My wife will only allow me........."

7. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    I have never heard the bk but i'm shure it would be beat by the svs.I think Dfour as heard the bk and he now has the svs.
    Ian J have you got your pb-10 yet?