SVS PB-2000 Pro Performance

YorkshireJim007

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share this if anyone was thinking of buying an SVS PB-2000 Pro. I have a pair and I'm blown away, was seeing when I would see compression... Got wife complaints, so I stopped. But as you can see they have a lot of grunt. So much punch too. Love them. Great work @Ed Mullen & Team. Thanks.

Black curve is what I'm running, subsequent curves are +3db in gain.

Cheers Jim

1604749881481.png

This was with one PB2000 Pro on Audioholics!

What i was most intrested about the Pro models was do they bring any noticeable performance gains. Clearly they have designed it from ground up with new driver, new port design with dual ports now which i assume can have some benefits for chuffing. Then we saw the added mid-bass output and also compression test showed:

Here again, we see big improvements over the 2000 series for the most part. Whereas the PC-2000 was barely able to pierce 110 dB at any point, the PB-2000 Pro is able to maintain long-term output over 110 dB from the upper 20s to 100 Hz. This is about the same increase in headroom that we see in the burst test measurements over the regular 2000 series.

" But as you can see they have a lot of grunt. So much punch too. Love them. "

:smashin:

Last edited:
Last week I just received my two new PB 2000 Pros. I upgraded from an older (like 20 year old) 10" sub and a few year old Klipsch cheaper sub. Yes the two before provided "adequate" rumble for movies and music. I was not expecting this type of upgrade. I am seriously blown away by what these two subs can do. I have them sitting diagonal in my theater and love how it has evened out the tone across the room. There is a lot of headroom still available, but need to be careful on how loud I make it before the boss starts to complain. I love reading comments from other people on the message boards that want to put two of these subs in a 10x10 room. I have no idea how they fit it in and how they could handle so much sound in such a small area. Two is overkill for that size space. These subs are truly incredible.

I love my PB2000 pro, I get great performance in my living room and I'm definitely adding a 2nd one to even out my response more. I think I'll add the PC2000 pro for my 2nd one to save floor space.

Have you tried it in sealed mode yet??

Have you tried it in sealed mode yet??
Did you get port bungs with your PB? I bought two PC 2000 Pro and didn't get them included.

Did you get port bungs with your PB? I bought two PC 2000 Pro and didn't get them included.

Just email SVS and they will send them out free of charge 👍

Give it a go.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom