SVS or a Monolith

B

bobby1961

Hi all I am a new member and have a question.
On here everyone seems to rate the monolith DF I have a SVS 20 39pc+ that is good sub low down. I am thinking of adding a second sub could the monolith do as the second one or would I be better sticking with SVS I would like the PB ultra but it costs a hell of a lot. Any advice would be helpfull as I have never heard a BK sub.

Many thanks Bobby

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
In your situation, there is no point adding a Monolith as the PC+ is a superior sub in most aspects. Adding a second different sub will largely ensure that you end up with the worst of both worlds, rather than the best.

From where you're sitting, it's either another PC+ or an Ultra. Unless you have a particularly large room that might extract the response benefits of two subs, I'd put money on the Ultra upgrade being the superior performer.

There's a thread in the stickies at the top of this forum, where I compared a couple of Monoliths to the Old PB12/Ultra and with the exception of music, the 12U stuffed the Monoliths in all respects. The PB13U I had here was so far in advance of the old 12U it wasn't funny and it convincingly added music to it's abilities in a way no SVS (I've heard) did before.

Russell

B

bobby1961

As the resident expert (I read your 2 monoliths v 1 svs ultra) I now must decide do I sell my pc plus and go for an ultra or go for another pc + thanks for your help Russell

Bobby:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom