Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I am waiting for SVS speakers and other products

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I don't care for SVS

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • I already have an SVS so this poll is not relevant to me

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
This poll is only relevant to those people who intend (or intended) to buy an SVS sub so I have taken the liberty of adding an extra field to the poll.

Ian J said:
This poll is only relevant to those people who intend (or intended) to buy an SVS sub so I have taken the liberty of adding an extra field to the poll.

Thanks.

I already have an SVS so this poll is not relevant to me.

What happens if i want to upgrade it would be relevant then.

Maybe a relevant question to current owners is,"if I wanted to upgrade I would/wouldn't want a cylinder".

It looks like most people are happy with the svs model they have or they wouldn't have voted I already have an SVS so this poll is not relevant to me. ,which is what i voted.

The idea was that if i where in a situation that i do not have a sub. Then Ian added the 6. alternative, and the whole thing became irrelevant. If someone could formulate a poll better, feel free.

MarekFIN said:
Ian added the 6. alternative, and the whole thing became irrelevant. If someone could formulate a poll better, feel free.

I don't think 6 should have been added ,if the subject was irrelevant to current svs owners then they shouldn't vote.
Theres nothing stopping current owners voting on the other options, they still may have an opinion on the subject.

If you are satisfied with your SVS vote for 6.

If you would consider upgrading, downgrading or changing from a toob to a box or vica versa then vote accordingly. That'll be Nos 7-23 inclusive. :D

My principal and strongly-felt emotion on the matter - & I'm already lucky enough to have caught a 25-31 PC+, just - is that like me, there will be many people out there in the UK who may 'discover' the phenomenon that is quality, affordable sub-bass, that is SVS - and then will not be able to get one of the models that makes the most sense - a cylinder. The entire selling-point of the cylinder was that it's the same high-quality bass - but cheaper to achieve and therefore buy in to. To my mind - the cylinders captured the spirit of the SVS mission much better - to place quality bass in normal peoples' homes - through serious affordability. I am surprised therefore that the cylinders aren't available yet - but as already mentioned - who knows - the boxes may be the more popular in fact - and there may be issues to do with authorising the cylinders for distribution.

So - SVS owners, with no intention of upgrading - can most certainly still have strong feelings about the unavailability issue - not least in having to explain to people that they've 'sold' the cylinder to - that they can't be had any more - at least not in the foreseeable.

Just my penny's-worth.

Arif said:
as already mentioned - who knows - the boxes may be the more popular in fact

Please credit the company with some business acumen as I very much doubt whether they just plucked some models out of thin air but their decision will have been based on previous order history.

Until 18 months ago the company only sold cylinder subs but it would seem that most people preferred the traditionally shaped subs because as soon as they announced a range of box subs orders for the cylinder shaped subs died away. You only have to look back through old posts and threads here to see the trend.

It seems we are becoming more polarised as this debate goes on.

While there is no doubt the PB10-ISD is popular for AV duties I wonder if what you say is true about the cylinders in general? The PB10 shot itself in both stereo feet due to a lack of onboard filters and high level connections. It could have made itself even more popular by gathering the stereo music crowd or allowed dual music/AV use. Fortunately BK knows its European markets rather better and provides a proper choice at very reasonable price points.

I seem to remember quite a number of PC Ultras joining the club here.

But perhaps you are privy to rather more SVS insider information than you let on Ian? ;)

Nimby

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom