1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS Frequency Response

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by gkl68, Apr 18, 2005.

1. gkl68

gkl68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at the frequency responses for the SVS subwoofers on their webpage and notice that some of the cheaper models actually have better responses than the pricier ones. For example, I compared the PB12-Plus/2 vs. the PB12-Ultra/2 and the Plus seems to have a higher output. Doesn't that mean the cheaper Plus model performs better?

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    No.

The graphs are to demonstrate extension and eveness, not volume.

3. gkl68

gkl68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so at around the same price, would you recommend me buying the PB12-Plus/2 or the PB12-Ultra? Thanks in advance.

4. the thing wnn

the thing wnn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +368
    i faced a similar dilemma myself, although i was also restricted by size, the Plus/2 is a fair bit bigger than the Ultra.
    I think it comes down to how much oomph you want. At lower volumes, the Ultra may sound a little better as its a superior driver, but if you crank it, the Plus/2 will have more headroom.
    I went for an Ultra, but as i said, i was restricted by a size issue. I think i'd have gone for an Ultra anyway, as i don't think i could ever crank it to the level needed to notice the extra driver!

5. gkl68

gkl68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Makes a lot of sense. I think I'll just go for the extra headroom since the cabinet for the Ultra is already massive.. an extra 4" for the Plus/2 isn't a big deal to me. Thanks!