SVS finally lands in the UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No surprises at the distributor, personally I couldn't think of a better company to do it, having bought my plasma from AV-Sales I found them to be extremely professional and helpful:)

But the big question is, what do people think to the prices? Still think they're competitive? My gut reaction was "omg they've gone up in price alot"...but a price increase is inevitable, and on reflection they're not quite as expensive as they could have been. UK support is a big plus imho, but I'm always one for cheaper prices;)

Personally I think they are still competitive, you get alot of performance for the money, although it makes the BK Monolith look even better value than it was before, and I bet Servo-15s will now continue to hold their value well:)

Wonder how much the ultras will be....

Prices for the PB10 look about the same as importing from the US yourself.But the PB12+ looks about £120 more and the /2 looks about £290 more and don't forget these are special intro prices.This is based on £1 = $1.76 and asuming $225 for shipping then adding 23% duty & vat.

Looks like the usual rip off Britain prices again to me.What are the prices going to be after the special prices are discontinued.

I asume that you can still do a personal import on the models AV sales are not stocking? if so you would be better going for one of those instead

By the way the PB10 price looks like its been pegged to match with the Monolith price.If there was no monolith I think the PB10 would have been more money.Strange how the PB10 is the only one that has not gone up init.

kbfern said:
Looks like the usual rip off Britain prices again to me.What are the prices going to be after the special prices are discontinued.

Compare the prices to the competition, still look good to me. And the distributor needs to make some money out of it! If you're looking at the powerbuy prices your sums don't look right to me either....the Plus/2 in black isn't £290 more expensive than buying direct, it's alot less.

I would obviously prefer to buy direct from the US as I've done it twice before and not had any problems, but there's alot of people out there that would prefer the peace of mind of buying from the UK and having the support etc there...as well as being able to get the goods in a couple of days. imho anyway:)

Smurfin

Regarding the /2 I had worked the price out incorrectly and the difference is around £165,sorry for misleading anyone.

However the prices have still gone up quite a bit,and allowing for discounts they should be getting from SVS and the saving by shipping over in bulk I still think these prices are a rip off.The axiom may be getting some more business from the UK based on these prices.

Are we still able to purchase other models direct from the States?

Having just taken a look at av sales website, the prices are even higher so add £50 to the PB10,£90 to the PB12+ and £125 to the /2.

So that confirms to me it's definatley rip off britain.SVS may be excellent subs and good value for money but they are now not so much good value for money.There are other subs becoming available from the US/Canada that may be as good or even better.Anyone looking for a new sub may care to investigate those first.

kbfern said:
that confirms to me it's definatley rip off britain.SVS may be excellent subs and good value for money but they are now not so much good value for money.

I have just checked the powerbuy prices against the old prices that we would have expected to pay for importing directly from USA and the PB-10 has gone up by about 2.5% whilst the others have gone up in price between 8% and 10%

I would love to know which other American CE certified subwoofer can be purchased from a UK distributor for between 2.5% and 10% more than the Americans are paying to buy direct from the manufacturer.

I think to be fair the prices are pretty damn good i thought they would of been a little bit higher than that and don't forget as smurfin has said these come with full UK support which is a big plus, this is a very positive move from SVS and will definitly increase the size of it's customer base.. :thumbsup:

I would also be much happier purchaseing a sub from the UK and knowing someone this end can take responsibility for any type of issue concerning warranty..

Ian

When av sales intro prices finish they will be another 12% higher or 12% higher now if not bought by avforum powerbuy.

By the way if svs will still sell you a PB12 Ultra direct you could get one for less than £1000 all in.No CE certification though (as if that has bothered the hundreds of people who already imported an svs sub)

So which would you prefer CE approved PB12pus £889 or Ultra no CE approval around £970.

The US one could be with you next week,whereas we don't know how long its going to be before the UK ones will be here

kbfern said:
When av sales intro prices finish they will be another 12% higher or 12% higher now if not bought by avforum powerbuy.

All the more reason that people should get their orders in now then :D

I still think that these subs represent cracking value for money and I fully intend to put my money where my mouth is and order one before the powerbuy runs out although I have a sneaking suspicion that the powerbuy will run for quite a while as long as their aren't too many currency fluctuations.

Ian J said:
All the more reason that people should get their orders in now then :D

I still think that these subs represent cracking value for money and I fully intend to put my money where my mouth is and order one before the powerbuy runs out.

You finally going for an Ultra Ian? (when AV-Sales launch them). Bout time you got some quality bass :D

[edit: before anyone starts flaming me thinking that last comment was serious, I own a PB12-Plus/2 :devil: ]

So does this mean all warranty issues can now be dealt with the UK supplier, obviously for those who've imported our SVS, also, will SVS still be offering models, unavailable from the UK supplier, as available to import directly?

It's about time all you SVS boys starting paying a little bit more for you're subs.. :D he..he..he

Pricing is FANTASTIC! :thumbsup:

Scott other than the PB10, how is paying a minimum 8% and up to 20% more if buying off forum fantastic (or are you havin a larf)

Perhaps his idea of value re "piece of mind" for UK sourcing is different to yours. ;)

kbfern said:
Scott other than the PB10, how is paying a minimum 8% and up to 20% more if buying off forum fantastic (or are you havin a larf)

Perhaps you work for nothing? :confused:

No I dont work for nothing but at these prices allowing for discount from svs and cheaper shipping av sales must be making at least 35-40% based on their own website prices.

What you must all remember is that up till now anyone that purchased an svs sub had a great bargain that bargain is now reduced.I am surprised that some of you seem quite happy to pay more without complaining.When your gas,electricity,petrol mortgage all increase do you not complain?.

As far as piece of mind regarding uk sourcing is concerned how many of the hundreds of subs imported direct have had to be returned to the US for repair/replacement (I don't know of one)

kbfern said:
As far as piece of mind regarding uk sourcing is concerned how many of the hundreds of subs imported direct have had to be returned to the US for repair/replacement (I don't know of one)

Mine did! :hiya:

Steve are you saying the sub had to go back or just the part that was faulty?

The entire sub went back Keith, they actually sent a replacement and picked up the faulty one at the same time :)

stevegreen said:
Mine did! :hiya:

Oh yes i remember that 1 well :devil:

On a serious note though SVS are like any other buisness and it makes "good buisness sense" to get dealers in different countries to supply customers and therefore they can concentrate on building & designing Subwoofers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom