1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS discounts - who wants to order?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by simon1967, Aug 3, 2003.

1. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Right guys n gals,

here's the deal. I mailed Tom & Erik at SVS and he has let me know his discount rates etc. I have done some calculations to give you an idea of what discounts are available. The discounts on the sub are not huge but by buying and shipping in bulk, the savings can be made in shipping, duties and VAT. I also got answers to some other questions some were asking:

1. What would be the minimum amount of subs that would entail a discount?
    2. What percentage discount would be available and would that change depending quantities ordered?

If you ordered 2 or more to the same location the discount would be 5%. If you ordered 5 or more to the same location we could up that to 10%. More quantity than 10 and we would have to consider it on a case by case basis. We would include a t-shirt with every sub as long as you got 3 or more. More quantity than 10 and we would have to consider it on a case by case basis.

3. Would they all have to be the same model?

You would not need to get all the same model._

4. Would the shipping charges be cheaper i.e. at the moment you quote $120 to ship to my address. Would the cost of 3 models be $360 or much cheaper?

I will have to get the shipping quote for you on Monday when BaxGlobal is open for business. It will be less in total by a pretty good amount in total (maybe $50-100 less per sub)._

5. If all are paid for on one credit card, and shipped to a single address, how would any future warranty claims be affected? If all names and addresses were given prior to ordering, would that suffice for warranty purposes?

All SVS warranties are fully transferable so anyone who owns it can make a warranty claim. It would be better if all the owners let us know their information up front for ease of processing, but you could just do that when you order.

So I did some ROUGH calculations (assuming shipping costs etc) based on a 20-39PC+ @ $825.00. These costs are per sub and based on dividing the lower shipping costs:

One sub:
    $825 - subwoofer, $150 shipping, $43.88 duties, $214.51 VAT = $1189.51 (£738.40)

2 - 4 subs (with a 5% discount):
    $783.75 - subwoofer, $100 shipping, $39.77 duties, $154.66 VAT = $1078.18 (£669.30) = 9.5% saving.

5+ subs (with a 10% discount):
    $742.50 - subwoofer, $75 shipping, $36.79 duties, $143.06 VAT = $997.35 (£619.12) = 16.2% saving.

This is not intended to be a 'wheeler dealer' type thread for me - more a common sense thing. If 3 or 4 are ordering at the same time, why pay 4 lots of shipping when we can all ship together and make a small saving. I am not really interested in waiting around for people to make their minds up and as previously mentioned, I am willing to stump up the money on my credit card providing that monies are paid in full to me before ordering. If I only get another interested party, then a near 10% saving isn't too bad. Of course, if you go for a more expensive model, then the savings would be greater :)

One other thing, I quoted them to ship to a central London address (Soho) as this seemed the cheapest option. People would have to collect from there or I could get them shipped out from there which as Ian. J has already mentioned would most probably eat up any savings that you had already made. I could ask for other locations to be shipped to so am open to suggestions but my office seemed like a good idea as someone is always in so little chance of missing a delivery.

I will be ordering within the next 2-3 weeks so if anybody is interested, let me know. As with any of these type of deals, a certain amount of trust is needed and all I am doing is passing on 'possible savings'. All I am interested in is saving a few more quids on importing a groovy sub so if this becomes too much hassle for me, I'll just order mine on my own - so let's keep it simple and we'll see what interest this generates.

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move but I guessed as this is a follow-on from the 'importing SVS' thread, this would be the logical place.

best regards all,

simon.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I am just about to order another SVS so if anyone within range of Tamworth also wants one please let me know and we will both be eligible for the 5% discount plus reduced shipping costs.

3. poda

poda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Simon,

Whilst I don't need an SVS sub, I would like to order a Crown K1 amplifier from their site which may help with discount in some small way.

Cheers

Michael

4. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,526
    I can't say more now but if you guys can wait a few weeks, the AV Forums might be able to help you here.
    Until then I am closing this thread. Please be patient and bear with us.

5. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Looking forward to it !! :smashin:

I can wait a few weeks.

PB2+ will be mine eventually.

Mark.

6. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Apologies for my impatience but can you let us have any idea of what you are proposing? You say 'might' and a 'few weeks' but how likely is a deal likely to be and what defines 'a few' - 2, 3 or 4 weeks?

With all this talk of how good these puppies are, and with me getting paid next week, I am keen on pressing the 'buy' button. I know nothing can be guaranteed but if there is a 'strong possibility' of a 'worthwhile discount' happening within the next 2 weeks then I'll hold fire.

Again, you know how impatient boys with their (new) toys can be :smashin:

best regards

simon

7. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    and id like to know too cos if richersounds dont get a shift i will be looking elsewhere!

Ad

8. fondie

fondie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    i may well be interested in this too, either as a group buy or with whatever avfroums maybe planning!

Bob

9. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I have a friend who is prepared to gamble blindly in purchasing an SVS and if he can get one at a discounted price then you can count him in. I'll be ordering on his behalf.

10. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    In the abscence of any more information regarding the AV Forums group buy, I guess there isn't any harm in posting the further info that SVS have sent me. If the Forums buy comes off then at least we know what prices it has to beat, if it doesn't then we don't need to wait around trying to get confirmed numbers to place an order :p

SVS confirmed the shipping costs and my guesstimates were not too far off the mark:
    2 subs - $210 shipping ($105 each)
    3 subs - $300 shipping ($100 each)
    4 subs - $400 shipping ($100 each)
    5 subs - $495 shipping ($99 each)

As already mentioned, this is shipped to a central London address so shipping on from there will obviously cost extra unless you collect.

What I guess would be useful would be how many people are interested from 'darn sarf' and how many are from 'oop norf'. This would obviously make it easier to gauge how many people are willing to order. Again, I am willing to place the order for London order and keep the subs until collection etc. If other forum members from other parts of the UK are interested in getting an order together, they will have to get someone willing to put the complete order on their card.

One thought though, I guess with the folks at SVS being so approachable they may be open to splitting an order to two addresses and two credit cards in order to reach the 10% discount. I haven't approached them with this idea yet but until enough people show definite interest it's not worth bothering them with.

To start the ball rolling, I am based in London and want to order a 20-39 PCi+ ($825 rrp).

Best regards all (fingers still hovering over the 'buy' button..)

simon

11. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Regestering intrest...and im down sarf nr the smoke :p

12. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44

I'm intrigued. Any pointers at all?

13. fondie

fondie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    is there any further news about this please ? i'm impatient :p

14. simon1967

simon1967

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I can't wait any longer so am looking for 3 others to order an SVS in order to get the 10% discount. Got 2 definites so anyone else from the south want to join in the group buy? Contact me if interested and we'll see if we get the numbers.

Best regards

simon

15. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,526
    I know you guys are impatient and I understand why.
    But if you could hold off 8 days, I should be able to tell you whether we can supply the subs for you.
    This will be preferable to importing them yourselves as we will both be able to provide competititve pricing, but most importantly local support. If the sub goes wrong, there's no returning it to the US.

16. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Spectre
    In eight days time would you let us know if any of the forum members that already own svs products be able to use the repair service if there were any problems with there subs.
    Gonzo.:D

17. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Gonzo - that question may be better asked in eight days time :D

18. adamsdad

adamsdad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Spectre,
    any news on supplying the subs yet.
    I would be interested in a 20-39PC+ if you are able to broker a deal with SVS.

19. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    past 8 days now :eek:

20. Ryan

Ryan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guess i'll give this a bump cos i'd like to know if it's going to happen. :smashin:

21. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any news yet i know a couple of people who are interested in an svs but are put off from buying from abroad.

22. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I don't believe that it is going to happen any more and would therefore advise everyone to get their orders in as soon as possible as if someone else is appointed as UK distributor the prices are bound to rise to pay for their whack.

23. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    :( gonna wait for a uk distributer, cant risk the hassle of something going wrong and having to deal with sending stuff back to the states. I dont mind paying a few hundred quid more for the convienience of buying it in the UK. Any ideas when and where in regards to a uk disrtibuter?

24. Apocalypse

Apocalypse
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A fellow member had a fault with his SVS and the company sorted everything out within 2 weeks or so I believe, it didn't cost the guy a thing and he remarked on how good the service was.

25. BLACK_MAGIC

BLACK_MAGIC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am tempted and im currently looking at the site with credit card in hand but 2 weeks is a long time imo if something goes pear shaped. Im just one of these people who like to pay for something thats infront of me and take it away there and then. Just outta curiosity if im not in when the UPS courier turns up does that mean i have to go and collect the package from the depot or do they try and re-deliver?

26. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Bax Global are the courier company and they will telephone you when the parcel is clearing customs to agree a suitable delivery time with you.

Purchasing direct from USA is not for everyone and if it it isn't for you, keep your eyes on the Powerbuy forum as an interesting subwoofer offer will be unveiled in the next couple of days which you may prefer.