1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS CS subs and Samson amps

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by David167, Nov 12, 2004.

1. David167

David167
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 20-39 CS-Ultra which is being powered by a Nad THX Power amp. Although i'm satisfied with the amp (getting 400w in bridged mode) it doesn't have a gain (volume control). When setting up I have to rely on the sub level adjust on my pioneer amp to control the level which isn't ideal as it doesn't allow for a lot of adjustment up or down.

Although i've had the sub set up for months now and i'm relatively satisfied the the levels, I think it might be time to consider getting another amp with gain control to replace the NAD.

Does anyone have any experience with the Samson amps being sold by SVS?

Or is there another amp that might suit my needs better?

Thanks for your help.

2. Nimby

Nimby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Daft idea? As you have a CS Ultra. And, the PC Ultra amp is optimised for the Ultra. Why not see if you can buy a PC Ultra Bash amp from SVS and put it into a smart ventillated stand-alone box to run your Ultra sub. E-mail SVS and see what they say? :D

Of course we're all sworn to absolute secrecy if they agree to sell you one. So you can tell us and we promise it will go no further. :devil:

Nimby

3. elcid

elcid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am using a Samson Servo 2000 (1200 watts per channel @ 4 ohms) to temporaily drive two SVS B4-Plus (B12-4/Plus now days) subs with great success.

These amps have volume controls, can be bridged, are rugged like the probervial brick house, and affordable to boot.

I ordered mine from an Internet music house in the USA...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."