SVS B4 no more

badbob

Ex Member
Reaction score
What happened to the B4 range of subs? They were passive design, with 4 Plus or Ultra drivers (special order)

Being replaced with the new PB and PC13 Ultras i think.

They were never big sellers due to their huge size and I don't think that SVS have manufactured them for several years now.

Being replaced with the new PB and PC13 Ultras i think.

I don't think they would ever be classed as a replacement as they were a very different product to the comparatively puny single driver 13Us, a bit mental IMHO :D

The latest home cinemas choice has a showcase of an ex sound heavy metal engineer with a B4 in his set up and plenty of active high powered speakers, he's probably a bit deaf by now

Dave

That particular B4 is well known to the forum as Bone Daddy is mates with the bloke who bought it.

The thread detailing it's arrival is here.

FWIW, that's the second time HCC have visited that particular HC owner, proving yet again that they're running out of ideas.

Russell

I don't think they would ever be classed as a replacement as they were a very different product to the comparatively puny single driver 13Us, a bit mental IMHO :D

Quite true i had just got in and my brain was not at full working order. But seeing as they are just bringing out the 13U's and discontinued the B4 it sort of is a replacment all you have to do is buy 4 and strap them together. :rotfl:

The B4+ was only available with the "plus" series drivers. The Ultra drivers would have never fit.

Tom V.
SVS

Shame it`s discontinued as it`s a stunning thing :eek:
the cost to even ship one of them to Europe would have been so prohibitive it dosen`t even bear thinking about - the best way was how Mick shipped it - in the bands equipment - and AVdavid - he`s still employed - can`t ever see him quiting that job...

The weight must have been a barrier to greater popularity even with the Plus drivers.

The far greater weight of the Ultra drivers would make the idea of 4 drivers in a single box even more unpopular with most potential customers.

Ownership of a sack truck would overcome most difficulties except changes of level.

Using multiple single or two driver enclosures offers greater flexibility in siting and equalising to the room compared with a single four driver box.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom