Quantcast

SVS AS-EQ1 SubEQ Review

The News Bot

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Russell Williams
SVS have an awesome bit of kit on their hands that delivers exactly what is promised; effective equalisation of bass over a wider than average area with a guided work flow that won’t leave a beginner baffled. It can interface with your current amp where necessary and is as future proof as anything out there and tops all of this off by keeping both the music and movies boys happy.
Read the full review...

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Awesome review Russell :thumbsup:

As an owner myself this review was hardly suprising, but carried weight in confirming what I have been hearing for the last few months :smashin:

I do admit that this device does transform your bass and it's far from subtle. And like yourself Russell, my room is not really a problematic room and I did have a reasonably good sound beforehand with the Onkyo's built in Audyssey. But adding an EQ1 litterally transformed the bass and not only turns a subwoofer into a precision instrument of LFE, it manages to open up the soundstage drastically while improving speaker imaging at the same time :cool:

Stuart

Distinguished Member
Excellent review Russell :smashin:

As an anti-mode owner I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how much improvement the EQ1 provides in comparison.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Good review and very good read as well :thumbsup: definitely have to think about picking one of these units up.

Mics49

Novice Member
Pretty happy I seemingly made the right choice when ordering one of these to steer a SubMersive (in espresso stained cherry veneer :D), both to arrive this month, it's a head to head race.

goneten

Standard Member
I, too, would like to know if the AS-EQ1 is better than the Anti-mode in terms of flattening response and reducing ringing. If it is better, by how much. Because I'm on the fence at the moment.

Regards,