SVS & Antony Gallos?

JUS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I (read wife) would like to replace my big floor standers with a satellite & sub set-up. I would like it to be good at sterio as well as 5/7.1 but it's not essiential.

I've thinking about pairing some Antony Gallo Micros or A'Divas with a SVS PB1-ISD (smallest SVS I could find and may be able to match colour with decor :rolleyes:) Has anyone got this or a similar set-up? :confused: I'd love to hear from someone with a similar set-up.

My room is roughly 16'x14'.

I'll be connecting them up to a Denon 3803 (buying this week, need audio delay before anyone suggests something else). Also have a Pio 565 for SACD and DVD-A. :D

Regards,

Justin

I have a similar setup in that my room is about 19x12', I have 5 gallo micros and the gallo subwoofer. It sounds great, but the gallos take about a month or two to fully run in.

Originally posted by JUS
I've thinking about pairing some Antony Gallo Micros or A'Divas with a SVS PB1-ISD

An unusual pairing of premier league sub and lifestyle speakers but make sure that you listen to them first to ensure that they are what you want. In my sub sat days I had the Definitive Technology Pro Cinema speakers which I rated higher than the Gallo and they seemed to be far easier to setup yet I recall that you don't like them very much.

I'm sure the PB1 is a great Sub - certainly it would seem great value for money as with the rest of the SVS range, but I'm not sure I would consider it premier league.

I think it would work very well with the Micros or A'Divas, as any good Sub should. Buy the best Sub you can afford. The better the Sub, the better it will complement your sats, whether they be Gallo or something else.

I would stick with the VERY able Gallo sub here and it is also Wife friendly :)

Ian, You have good memory.. I've seen you pull that memory trick on others before :eek: :D I have indeed got Def Tech (Pro-100 rears), C1J centre and Cerwin Vega mains...It was cobbled together over a few years (mains came first when HC was out of range...Prologic amps were > £1k). It sounds OK. The Def Techs go pretty well with the Cerwins and the Cerwins are fine for music.

I have thought about getting the rest of the def tech pro-100 set-up but I wasn't impressed with them when it came to music... and they are black.

Groundy, I'm going to do an Ian now...I believe you have a mixture of Micros and A'Divas don't you? Have you a SVS or Velo sub? - ps. I've sent the money for the cables:)

I picked the PB1 because it was the smallest. It is pretty cheap as well. I didn't want to spend £1k on a sub to complement a £1.5k speaker package.

I've had a talk to my supplier and he is willing to loan me a set of A'Divas. He doesn't have a SVS sub or any other sub I want to try, which is a shame. I guess I'll just have to go with the Gallo sub to see what that can do.

Thanks.

Jus.

Originally posted by JUS
Groundy, ...I believe you have a mixture of Micros and A'Divas don't you? Have you a SVS or Velo sub?

Groundy has Gallo speakers with one of the small Velodyne SPL subs and he commented that it was a huge improvement over the Gallo sub.

If your dealer sells M&K have a look at the small K range as they are excellent but preferably without the sub as you can buy better from other manufacturers.

Originally posted by Ian J
Groundy has Gallo speakers with one of the small Velodyne SPL subs and he commented that it was a huge improvement over the Gallo sub.

Now you're just trying to show off :D

Thanks for the info. Don't think they sell M&k either :( don't want to go to a different supplier as they are giving me great service and great discount...suppose I might have to :(

I'm not sure where Plute is but if it's anywhere near Kent, AV Sales have a special price for forum members on the Blue Room minipods. Have a look in the powerbuy forum here at something that not only looks rather special but also sounds as good as it looks.

I live in Reigate in Surrey, which is pretty close to avsales. avsales was the supplier I was talking about :)

The speakers are rather special..a bit too special looking for me..if you know what I mean:D

Justin,

I've tried a few Subs with the A'Diva/Micros, including the Gallo MPS-150. It was a great little performer in it's own right but as Ian says, I now have a Velodyne SPL. The Velodyne was a huge improvment over anything else and is rediculously powerful for it's size - 750W RMS :eek: and it shows (in my room at least). It was double the price of the MPS-150 though ;).

I will send you an email with more info later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom