1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

svs and music

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by newbie265, Oct 13, 2004.

1. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Now my sub has finally arrived and after the initial shock my wife says I can keep it :D whats the best way to use the sub for music.I 'm having a new system installed by sevenoaks in a few weeks comprising of denon 3805,dvd3910 with an arcam cd73t and p8o amp using the denon as a pre-amp.Will they connect the sub directly to the power amp or run it through the denon when playing cds?

question for Ian J how much does this sub change your music playback?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    A good sub will add depth and range to music that you didn't know was there before with the amount depending on what type of music you listen to. If you are into organ music or that horrible stuff that the baseball cap brigade play in their cars you will find quite a bit of added depth but most other types of music doesn't have anywhere near the levels and depth of bass recorded as films do.

One way of connection is via the LFE output on the 3805 plus the high level output connected to the speaker terminals on the power amp. Trial and error will be the key and although I don't have a seperate power amp I am quite happy with the sound from CD's connected just via the LFE connection