1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVS and BK Demo

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by tom_painter85, Feb 10, 2005.

1. tom_painter85

tom_painter85
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Afternoon all

Just wondering if anyone in Herts has a BK XLS200 and/or a SVS (of some sort that wouldn't mind giving me a demo?! i'm torn between the BK at £280, or waiting about 4months before i can finally afford an SVS.

ATM it looks like the BK is the way to go, as i'd rather have a 'nice piece of furniture' rather than a massive toooob in my tiny room...but i'd still quite like to experience the wonderful power that SVS are so renowned for. (grammar?!)

reason being, i dont particularly want to have to deal with waiting til mid-march for the results of Ian J and Kazman's test of the PB10 and BK (thread here, and having to read through pages and pages of opinions... :)

yes, i'm impatient but you know why! :D

Cheers Chaps

Regards

Tom

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Tom
    If i was you i would save a bit more and go for a svs pc+ model,Having owned a B&Wasw675 which should be on par with the bk sub you would be doing yourself an injustice getting the bk.Dont get me wrong the little bk and B&W are good small subs but if you Can fit a tube in do it.Worst scenerio is you buying the bk then getting to hear a svs then having upgraditis which is hard not to succumb to and then spending more dosh :D .
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Tom

I'm in bedfordshire, not too far from Herts, I have both an SVS PC Ultra and a BK XLS200.

You are more than welcome to come round for a demo. PM me if you are interested.

4. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Hey I'm on the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire border, I would love to meet up.