SVS 20-39PC+ popped its fuse! Incorrect antimode 8033 setting.

chrisgeary

Only time in 6 years thats happened. I think whats gone wrong is I bought an anti-mode 8033 and mistakenly used the Lift 25 mode. That'll teach me to not use REW to verify the frequency response and I would have realised that with the 20-39, I don't need Lift anything! I thought I needed it for a house curve, but I really don't think I do.

I was listening to some particularly bass heavy drum and bass and a lf transient caused the driver to hits its end stops and the fuse went.

New fuse installed, Lift 25 off and all is well again :)

hoppaz

Only time in 6 years thats happened. I think whats gone wrong is I bought an anti-mode 8033 and mistakenly used the Lift 25 mode. That'll teach me to not use REW to verify the frequency response and I would have realised that with the 20-39, I don't need Lift anything! I thought I needed it for a house curve, but I really don't think I do.

I was listening to some particularly bass heavy drum and bass and a lf transient caused the driver to hits its end stops and the fuse went.

New fuse installed, Lift 25 off and all is well again :)
Wow strange one, what was your sub "tuned" too?

chrisgeary

16hz

Bumping an old post, but

Just turned my svs on, and the internal fuse went pop.

How do i replace it???

Is it soldered in??

Found the glass fuse, doesnt look popped but cant check till tomoz, hope it is popped as the fuse on the cable is fine