SVS 20-39PC+ or Servo 15?

Adrenochrome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have M&k mps 1510s across the front and M&k K-4s performing rear duties.

I have a Velodyne VX-10 sub but fancy an upgrade.

My room is 3.6m long 2.9m wide and 2.4m high Amplifier is a Yamaha DSP-AX750SE.

Available on the classifieds here are the SVS 25-31PC+ and the Servo 15.

Which one would be best suited for my requirements?

Adrenochrome.

I'd take the Servo-15. I used to own the SVS. The Servo is cleaner but the SVS is capable of higher SPL's.

Either would have no difficulty in reaching reference levels as your room is fairly small and if the choice were mine I would plump for the SVS as they are probably easier to position with less complex electronics to go wrong.

Go for the SVS you wouldnt be able to hear the difference in distortion between the two subs(which are both low anyway) and as jase says the svs will go louder it will also be covered by the warranty which is transferable and would be dealt with by avsales if it should which i doubt go wrong.

SVS.............

But then i would say that now :devil:

Steve

I can only advice from having a PC-Ultra,but not having tried a Servo(although a lot of others along the way).

By reputation,the Servo was a bargain,and the SVS certainly delivers the goods in terms of extension,and the often used speed...

I would recommend the SVS as Gonzo stated,based on the fact that it still has a 20 month warranty (if it's pollywoggles as he said his was 15 months old) also pollys is £50 less and depending where you are you may be able to pick it up rather than the Servo thats in Edinburgh I think.

Both are excellent subs but as Ian says positioning should be less of a problem with the SVS.Whichever sub you choose you will not be disapointed but on financial/warranty factors I would go with the SVS.

Chris on theseforums who I bought my 20-39PC+ from had both these subs in his room at the same time,pm him and see what he has to say.

Although looking at the bottom of your post with regard to Glasgow Rangers the Edinburgh sub may not be to far away frm you so that may suit you better :)

Thanks for the replies folks :thumbsup:

I meant to say that my room is upstairs would this affect your opinions?

Edinburgh is close at hand to me but i'm sure Pollywoggle will courier the SVS so distance is no object :)

Adrenochrome.

Adrenochrome said:
:oops: The SVS is actually a 25-31PC+ :blush:
I have one and can only give it a high recommendation! Beautiful in both music and movies. Still I have never tried the Servo so don´t take me too seriously.

Actually the 31" may be better as it's a little less obtrusive.Off course you can tune it to 20hz or even 16hz if you prefer.You will loose a little output if you go with the lower tune but I doubt if you will notice it in your size room.

I have my 20-39pc+ in an upstairs room with carpet over floorboards and its just fine.

I think I would go the Servo route :rolleyes:

It,s a bargain ( I would say that though) :D

Richie.

Kefmad Rich said:
I think I would go the Servo route :rolleyes:

It,s a bargain ( I would say that though) :D

Richie.

Hi Richie,

I Think the Servo may have too big a footprint for my room :(

Hi,

It is a big box you,re right, thats one of the reasons I,m selling.

On the other hand sounds brilliant :thumbsup:

Put a table cover over it and glue a plant pot on top :D

Richie.

I would pick the Servo on performance basis only, as said elsewhere they both concede little in distortion terms, the SVS will go louder, betcha the Servo does a better job on the low stuff however.

Kefmad Rich said:
Hi,

It is a big box you,re right, thats one of the reasons I,m selling.

On the other hand sounds brilliant :thumbsup:

Put a table cover over it and glue a plant pot on top :D

Richie.

Depending on how i get on with Pollywoggle i may be asking to come for a demo

Adrenochrome said:
Depending on how i get on with Pollywoggle i may be asking to come for a demo

Hi

No probs, let me know.

Regards

Richie.

My guess is that within the db levels that the Servo can achieve, the Plus will match it for distortion. I've never heard a Servo 15, but from what i cant see out of the ****** tests limited spl capability is its only downfall(seems like it cant even match a PB10).
So if you room is very small, and sealed, and/or you do not play loud, you could settle for the Servo.

Hungry Horace said:
My guess is that within the db levels that the Servo can achieve, the Plus will match it for distortion. I've never heard a Servo 15, but from what i cant see out of the ****** tests limited spl capability is its only downfall(seems like it cant even match a PB10).
So if you room is very small, and sealed, and/or you do not play loud, you could settle for the Servo.

:rolleyes:

Hungry Horace said:
Hence i use 4 :)

Steve.EX said:
Hence i use 4 :)

Hi,

Don,t you fancy another :D

I bet 5 would sound better. :eek:

Richie.

I wouldn't say the Servo has any problems filling a big room as mine manages to pressure load my room which is quite large as it is open to an adjoining room of the same size. And I never shy from big volumes!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom