1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVP350 plus

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sinbrad, Dec 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have the seleco SVP350 plus crt pj. I have noticed that when viewing a movie etc there are visible lines at the top of the screen image. I was led to believe that this was prone to earlier models and was sorted. Can anyone help to get rid of this. Also when in wide mode and viewing anamorphic DVD when I streatch the image (Blanking) I get a blue haze at either side of the screen and the only way to get rid of this is to decrease width of image. Is there anyway of getting rid of the blue haze at the edges?

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    The line your refer to are common to most projectors they are usally sent very high on the picture tube, but in 16x9 screens I would expect them to appear at about the point where the wall meets the ceiling.
    The lines are used to measure the output of the tube its self so that compensations can be made as he tube ages.
    From memory there is a hardware mod for the selecos to shift it higher.

I suspect the haze you refer to is from the plastic lenses fitted (probably tac4) Upgrading to a hyrid lens (often mistakenly called glass lenses) like HD6 or HD145 would improve this effect and improve the overall focus

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    The white line is indeed the AKB line as Roland said. If it moves closer to your screen when switching to 16:9 then the projector can be modified to fix this. Ring Owl for the details - 01825 766123.

The blue haze on 16:9 is most likely to be misconvergence of the Blue Widescreen settings. If you are confident with the controls then you could trim it out using:

Blue Centre (on the remote control)
    Blue Horizontal Width (pot)
    Blue Linearity (pot)
    Blue Borders (L&R pots)
    Blue Corner (4 x pots).

An alternative is to get someone in to give the projector a good going over and reconverge all the memory banks. Good practice if the projector hasn't been touched in the last 18 months. A good installer will also know how to get rid of the blue haze that is apparent even after the blue is converged properly.

Good luck

Regards

4. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For Chris and Roland, Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I am currently serving in portugal and to get someone out to reconverge it would be very expensive. I have already converged the current memory banks to my best ability. I have also invested in upgraded lenses (HD6) and although it is a great improvement from the standard lenses I still cannot get rid of the blue edging in wide screen mode, infact when I enter blanking facility in either mode (normal, wide) if I stretch the image to far horizontally then the blue edging appears. I would love to be able to view all my DVD movies in as wide an aspect as possible but due to this blue edging it is not possible. I cannot understand how I can remedy this by trimming the image by way of the convergance settings? Perhaps you can explain a little bit more? Also I have noticed that there are other picture settings (small, cinema etc) can you give me some info on these and if they are good for viewing as the installation manual doesn't give away any secrets

Thanks in advance

5. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Sinbrad,
    The 350 has 5 aspect ratio flags - you'll use two of these regularly. They are:

Wide - for 16:9 Anamorphic DVDs, the films marked "Enhanced for widescreen"

Normal - for 4:3 Letterbox films. These are the films like the original release of Pulp Fiction, the Usual Suspects, and Hunt for Red October which are widescreen but don't have the enhanced resolution of Anamorphic DVDs.

The other format flags are Cinema, Letterbox and Small. These are fully used on the 400 and higher models which feature full digital convergence.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.