1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVP-400 with HTPC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dsr99, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsr99

dsr99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience getting a decent picture from a HTPC with a SVP-400.

When I'm actually watching a DVD - it doesn't look too bad. But the desktop etc looks terrible - all the text is slightly blurred etc.

If its just my naff convergence etc - I'll keep messing about. But if the SVP-400 isn't so clever for HTPC stuff, please let me know :)

I'm well chuffed with the picture through my normal DVD player, so wouldn't be too bothered if the HTPC thing didn't work out.

Thanks

Dave

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Bare in mind that the 400 has a max resolution of 640x480, so it won't look as sharp as an XGA monitor. You'll also find that the contrast doesn't need to be as high with a PC image. Try lowering it and you should notice a small improvement in sharpness.

The last 400 I used with HTPC belonged to Steve Bate. Do a search on user name "Steve Bate" and Keyword "Seleco"

What I noticed was that the picture sharpness varied when adjusting some of the picture size and positioning control on the graphics card.

Final thought, the PC cable can be responsible for some softening of the image.

Hope this helps.

Regards

3. dsr99

dsr99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris - much appreciated.

Dave

Thread Status: