1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVideo+Phono fromscart

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jaffakidds, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jaffakidds

jaffakidds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i am trying o connect a rojector from VCR/DVD to projector by using a scart to svideo plus phono.

However the mage quality is poor and in black and white!could anyoneadvise how to sort this?

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I had this same problem. I tried connecting my TV with a scart socket to my projector's S-Video socket with a scart-S-Video cable. The picture came out in b&w and had verticle lines running along it. I then ran a scart cable to a switching box and then the scart-SVideo cable to the pj. I then got a colour image, but it was still displaying verticle lines.
    I eventually gave up and returned the cable for a refund. I still don't know why I got these problems, but at least you know it's not an isolated case !

3. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The DVD player should be able to output RGB from a scart socket (may need setting in the DVD's menus). Send that signal into a J S Technology RGB to s-video converter (my sig may help) and you will get a good picture. The VCR may be more of a problem - very, very few VCRs output RGB, S-VHS models usually output S-video (again a menu setting usually).

4. Mat-Moo

Mat-Moo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I hate to say, but "use the search!". This is a common problem, just becuase you have scart and a scart->svideo cable, it does not mean that your vcr/dvd actually outputs a s-video signal. You will need to buy a convertor scart -> svideo (scart MUST be outputting RGB signal, as previously stated) e.g. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=30782&TabID=1&source=15&WorldID=&doy=26m3 cheapy one, but seems to work ok, there are better ones availble, depends how much you want to spend.