1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Svideo connections for consoles

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by monkeyleader, Feb 18, 2002.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hey all,

Im about to get my gamecube (usa import) and was just wondering about the best conneciotns. I have a Tosh 40"RP TV which has 3 scart, 1 compoint and svideo. I have the Yamaha 620 amp.

I would really like to be able to plug the cube into the amp - can i do this by svideo ?

I tied with the ps2 but wasnt able to, even tho sony do an ps2-svideo cable ?

ta in advance,

Nige

2. Gerry

Gerry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm not sure about the GC but I have my PS2 connected to my amp via S-Video and then out from my amp to tv via S-Video to S-Video(or sometimes I use an S-Video to scart lead as I don't have to use the front panel on the tv then). The connector on my PS2 is a PS2 connector with a black box that has 3 composite connections and an S-Video output connection. So if the GC has the ability to output S-Video you should be able to do something similar. BTW I connect my PS2 to my amp via digital cable for sound.

3. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes

the s video cable for the gcube is the same as the one for the n64 and this is how i currently have my gcube connected via my processor. i also have my ps2 connected via s video via my processor too. don't understand why yours didn't work.