1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Svideo cable recommendation?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by wyerd, Jul 17, 2003.

1. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I recently ordered an Ixos XHV403 (124) 3m Svideo to Svideo cable to replace the cheap one I was using from my Grundig GDS3000 STB to my capture card on my PC. I plugged it in and I am very disappointed with the result. It’s picking up interference even though it’s meant to be shielded etc – it’s so bad I’ve plugged the cheapo cable back in. Can anyone recommend a good quality cable that doesn’t suffer from interference as the Ixos?

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    What capture card are you using? It could be noise from your PC being picked up by your capture card, rather than by your new cable.

3. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yep - you're right. I did my own fault analyisis - swapped the PowerColor 9200 VIVO with a Nvidia Geforce from another PC and a LifeView 2000 capture card I used for testing before I built the HCPC. Fantastic picture! Looks like these VIVO cards are crap...... unless anyone can recommend one as I've now used up my only PCI slot on the Shuttle - main reason for buying the VIVO card in the first place!