1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVHS Laserdisc picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mattcl, Mar 26, 2001.

1. mattcl

mattcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sanyo PLV30 projector, which is hooked up to my DVD player via the component video input. No problems there - picture is great.
    However, I also have a Pioneer 915 Laserdisc player hooked up through the SVHS input. There is a definite reduction in picture quality, as you would expect from the SVHS input. I don't think my setup is doing justice to the laserdiscs.

Would it be worth buying a seperate Composite to Component video convertor to sit between my laserdisc and projector, so that I could use the component input for both the laserdisc and the DVD?

Matt.

2. titan

titan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually i think youll find that laserdisks arent doing justice to your setup.
    on my pionneer cld 98 and sony 10ht the picture is way poorer than even dvd runnind svhs.
    laserdiscs just have too low a resolution and introduce too much video noise tyo look good blown up too such a size and too think not too long ago laserdisks werer the best. how times change

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    DVDs are recorded in digital component, laser discs are recorded in analogue composite. There is a big difference in quality between the two, this is why you see such a reduction in resolution.

Regards

------------------
    Chris Frost
    Regional Sales Manager-N.England & Scotland
    Owl Video Systems Ltd
    www.owl-video.co.uk