suspect delivery

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ultimatenyle, Nov 28, 2001.

1. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my new tv delivered today (tosh 32z17b) by a couply of morons who dropped the tv on a plantpot (now broken) on my mum's doorstep, who is now going mental.

The TV seems fine from the outside but does anyone know if any internals will have been damaged or put off calibration?

Also how should the tv arrive, although boxed with the usual polystyrene gubbins the tv itself was not in a large bag, just some soft plastic sheet type stuff.

cheers

2. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant answer your first question, but the 3 Toshibas Ive had this year were all packed the way you describe. Inadequately in my opinion.
    Youve got to feel sorry for the delivery guys though, the tv's are so heavy now!

3. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the tv clicks (as if a relay is swithing?) then a buzzing/fizzing sound then occurs when switching off/on and between 4:3 & widescreen modes - should this happen?.
    also in 4:3 mode and teletext the picture curves on the left hand side, is this a problem with picture geometry?
    the wss mode is a bit unpredictable too, changing in the middle of programs and really doesnt like bbc new24.

are these possible faults with the tv because of the knock or just quirky behaviour of the electrics?

can someone please tell me how to possible fix these wee problems or get into the service menu

cheers

4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Difficult call, in retrospect you probably reckon you should have returned it, at the very least you should have made a note on the docket, when you signed for delivery that it had been dropped.

If you now approach Toshiba for a warranty claim it will be difficult to prove it wasn't you that dropped it, if they state that the set is faulty due to user abuse.

Sorry to seem so negative but you generally learn by your mistakes in life , that coupled with Toshibas attrocious after sales care makes me feel you will be on a loser here if a serious fault develops

5. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have not experienced this clicks etc in the 3 toshibas Ive had, so I would suggest it possibly is as a result of the knock, Im no expert though.
    Get in touch with the seller asap and tell them what happened on delivery, tell them the faults, and demand a refund/replacement under the sale of goods act.
    Youve spent too much on a tv to have problems like that bugging you for years to come.

Steve.

6. ultimatenyle

ultimatenyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    got my tv replaced yesterday.
    A girl called Nasibia or similar at unbeatable.co.uk was very helpful, anne however was not along with initial citylink, who unbeatable use as couriers, they sent the tv to the wrong address and there was only one really small skinny driver!

lucky i had my mate round (to watch celtic game) to help offload it and set it up. the tv weighs over 67kg and the the stand over 25kg!

happy with tv now, perfect picture and no clicking.

just got to get a new dvd with component output, does the ps2 do it?

anyway thanks to unbeatable for getiing me a new tv in time for the big match, especially nasibia who between her cold laden ethnic-english accent and my scottish accent communication was a venture.:)

7. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    You can get a PS2 lead with component connectors on it, but it may be just like the Sony RGB Scart which gives a lovely green tinge to all your favourite DVD's

So you will need to budget another few quid for a gizmo to defeat it :(