1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivors Series Two - now released

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by BigAde, Oct 4, 2004.

1. BigAde

BigAde

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    yeah I quite liked it. Probably buy the second series.

3. guysie

guysie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a classic series already got series 1 bought series 2 from amazon anbd if you are first time register with amazon they knock £3.00 of made it 34.79 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    50quid in HMV ! I bought it from play instead.

5. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid £37.99 to PLAY.
    Don't let the second season put you off.Some episodes reach soap opera levels at times.But it picks up in season 3.
    The packaging mentions that the discs contain scenes missing from satellite transmissions,but I can't find anything to indicate which scenes are extra.I know UK Gold used to often miss scenes on the repeat,or even on the first showing and restore them on the repeat.
    The booklet is very nice and the quality is good,but I found the interviews were lit in a very irritating fashion.
    The original UK Gold transmission of Lights of London suffered a technical breakdown so your tapes may still have that in it if you were not watching at the time.It was a year later before another repeat enabled me to correct the fault.
    As a fan I thought the series changed dramatically in season 3,with pluses and minuses.Ian McCulloch and Denis Lil disliked each other so much that this is what forced the series to go the way it went,with Greg off in one strand,while Charles and the rest were elsewhere,which made for some dramatic stories like the rabies one with Charles,but it was a disappointing ending,even if McCulloch did get to write his own,very good exit.The series went on for one episode too long and the last but one would have been a fitting climax-the last one seemed tacked on as an afterthought.However,I look forward to season 3 and it would be nice if McCulloch and Lil could get together for that one.I am not aware of whether they have even met since 1977

6. phelings2

phelings2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I paid £37.99 to PLAY.
    Don't let the second season put you off.Some episodes reach soap opera levels at times.But it picks up in season 3.
    The packaging mentions that the discs contain scenes missing from satellite transmissions,but I can't find anything to indicate which scenes are extra.I know UK Gold used to often miss scenes on the repeat,or even on the first showing and restore them on the repeat.
    The booklet is very nice and the quality is good,but I found the interviews were lit in a very irritating fashion.
    The original UK Gold transmission of Lights of London suffered a technical breakdown so your tapes may still have that in it if you were not watching at the time.It was a year later before another repeat enabled me to correct the fault.
    As a fan I thought the series changed dramatically in season 3,with pluses and minuses.Ian McCulloch and Denis Lil disliked each other so much that this is what forced the series to go the way it went,with Greg off in one strand,while Charles and the rest were elsewhere,which made for some dramatic stories like the rabies one with Charles,but it was a disappointing ending,even if McCulloch did get to write his own,very good exit.The series went on for one episode too long and the last but one would have been a fitting climax-the last one seemed tacked on as an afterthought.However,I look forward to season 3 and it would be nice if McCulloch and Lil could get together for that one.I am not aware of whether they have even met since 1977

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Watching the second series now and frankly its either laughable or like watching paint dry. Ian McCulloch has to be the worst actor ever. (poor mans shatner!)