Surrounds to match B&W CM4 Fronts +CMC Centre?

Only that the rears don't really have to match the fronts, if you're talking about TV/DVD.
Multichannel music is a different matter.

Hi Badger

Thanks for the reply. I had understood that "timbre matching" was important? also when I bought the speakers a few years back the B&W CM2's were the normal matching surrounds, just wondering if this was still the case or if others would be better recommended.

Sold 5.

In an ideal world it's nice to get timbre matching, but I don't think it's as essential as the front 3 matching.
I can't really advise more accurately, because I don't know the speakers.
But I would say many people use different rears with good results.

Hi Sold5,

I have the CM4s and CMC myself and when I bought them back in 2001 the rear speakers in the demo were the CM2s. Too expensive for me I'm afraid so I plumped for the B&W 600S3. I would imagine any small B&W speaker would have a reasonable tonal match.

Cheers.

sold5 said:
Any advice appreciated to match my CM4 front speakers (and CMC centre) for a 7.1 setup - amp is a Pioneer VSX D2011!

many thanks,

Sold 5

Hi,

I bought B&W's new CM1s just before xmas and they seem ideal (if a little pricey) as diminuitive surround speakers for your CM4s. Would be interested to know if B&W are planning on extending the CM range and adding a floorstander or two and centre for home theatre use...

In my set-up the CM1s are making up the front l+r channels with KEF eggs in all other positions, so far from ideal despite the B&W's being punchy and authoritive little so-and-so's. Music in stereo is my main priority however (they're being driven by an Arcam CD player and amp combo).

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom