1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround speakers!!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by activeservo, Feb 3, 2003.

1. activeservo

activeservo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought some speaker brackets that you can adjust{up,down,left,right}.I was thinking of placing them high up in the corners either side of me.I sit through lack of options on the back wall,I'm trying to create the effect that they are far away to make a more spacious surround field.So I thought I 'd place them right up in the corners as close to the ceiling as I can get, then tilt them down towards the listening area and them input the distances on the receiver.I know people say that if you point them towards the back wall it gives a more diffused effect, but it doesn't look very nice when you walk into the room and see the back of the speakers with the cables hanging out.Any advice on how I can achieve a more deeper sound field on the rear channels would be very much appreciated.Thanks in advance. :smoke:

2. HotblackDesiato

HotblackDesiato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Get a couple of mates around... they're not great speaker stands...but can be great for testing out whether rough positions do/don't work_before_ you get the drill going.

spence

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Don't place the speakers too close to the wall or ceiling. They will get too much bass reinforcement and the sound will run along the walls/ceiling and not spread out enough. Place them about 30-50 cm from the room boundaries.