Surround speakers - Eggs?

M

Mac

I am very happy with my front 3 KEF speakers but need to upgrade my rears and buy a centre rear.

Is it possible to buy 3 KEF eggs to fill this role? keep hearing you can buy one on its own as an extra but can you get 3 independently?

or any alternatives anybody can suggest.

MAC

I have 2 Kef eggs as my surrounds and 1 more as a centre rear.
Bought mine at Cymbiosis in Leicester. They will sell individual ones to you.

Richard.

Thanks Richard and Perrdl.

Richard what do you think to them? Do they work fine without a sub to back them up?

I have a sub I'm afraid so can't comment.
I have just ordered a new one from uncle uncle eric though so my old one is for sale.
It's a Paradigm PDR 8 in perfect condition and yours for £30 (or 3 DVDs) Plus postage (which will be a lot!)
It is not a stunning sub but tries it's best with movies and adds a much needed wallop to explosions and the like. It is perfect as a first time unit.
I would not use Eggs without a sub.

My fronts are Q3s with a Q9c in the centre.
The plan is to upgrade the fronts to Q7s or something and use the Q3s as surrounds with the egss for rears.

What fronts are you using?

Richard

Cresta 3 fronts.

Seen the Cresta sub at some knock down prices so wondered about completing the Cresta set. Not sure if it will give me enough power, but only need it for the really low stuff.

Its almost tempting buying the whole egg package, and saving 2 of the eggs for future speaker expansions!

Mac

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom