Surround speaker height

mcspongy

I've wall-mounted my MA RXFX surrounds with centre of speaker at 1.6m. Sat on my new sofa(bed) my ears are about 0.9 - 1.1m depending how much I slouch. The front RX6 tweeters are at ear-level in a normal seating position and I've angled the centre up to ear level as it sits on low stand below my screen.

Does that sound too high for the surround speakers? Used to have them on stands at ear height (in previous room) and that was too low I'm sure, but now I'm worried I've gone too high!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The recommendation is around 30cm above head height so you may be a little high but suspect it will not make much difference so you should be fine with the current height.

mcspongy

PSM1 said:
The recommendation is around 30cm above head height so you may be a little high but suspect it will not make much difference so you should be fine with the current height.
Thanks. I think it sound like it was a good compromise then. Because the room is not hugely wider than the sofa and there is an airing cupboard in the back corner which necessitates walking past the sofa at least at their current height I've not managed to clip the speaker more than once with my shoulder!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom