Surround speaker height

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mcspongy, Aug 7, 2012.

1. mcspongy

mcspongy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +750
    I've wall-mounted my MA RXFX surrounds with centre of speaker at 1.6m. Sat on my new sofa(bed) my ears are about 0.9 - 1.1m depending how much I slouch. The front RX6 tweeters are at ear-level in a normal seating position and I've angled the centre up to ear level as it sits on low stand below my screen.

Does that sound too high for the surround speakers? Used to have them on stands at ear height (in previous room) and that was too low I'm sure, but now I'm worried I've gone too high!

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,434
    The recommendation is around 30cm above head height so you may be a little high but suspect it will not make much difference so you should be fine with the current height.

3. mcspongy

mcspongy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +750
    Thanks. I think it sound like it was a good compromise then. Because the room is not hugely wider than the sofa and there is an airing cupboard in the back corner which necessitates walking past the sofa at least at their current height I've not managed to clip the speaker more than once with my shoulder!