1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround speaker choice dillema!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by aliflack, Nov 7, 2004.

1. aliflack

aliflack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to finally get rid of my Yamaha satellites in favour of something a little bit better! Budget is around the £700 mark.

When I first saw the MS genies I thought they would be great - but having just bought the MS 309 sub I don't really fancy forking out for yet another sub! Also my amp's cut-off is a non-negotiable 90Hz, and the Genie centre doesn't extend below 95 according to the stats...

Could go with the MS 900 Avant range - have heard the 902's and 904's and liked them, and they would match the finish of the sub (Honey Maple). Either that or the Acoustic Energy Evo's.

As you can see from my sig I've got a Yamaha HTR5540-RDS (equiv to the 430RDS) so recommendations that match it would be a bonus!

Oh and one final question - how on earth do you support a proper centre speaker on top of the telly??? Are there stands or supports that can hold the back-end up?

SO what d'ya reckon? All ideas gratefully received! :thumbsup:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    B-tech do a little stand for large centres on top of TV's have a search......As for speakers there were some bargain MS units in classifieds not too long ago

3. aliflack

aliflack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for the info, got the b-tech tv top speake mount on order now!

for anyone else that might be interested its ref is bt14s