Surround speaker cable length

Deadlift1

Hi guys , I have my rear surround speakers at wrong height however all my wiring is ducted access my ceiling and will be short when I place Speaker s at ear lever !
Can I add extra speaker cable without affecting the sound quality ! Thanks guys

Jester1066

Hi. Whilst not ideal, there are a number of ways to extend speaker wires. Here are some:

Ideally though it would be preferable to replace the short length with one continuous longer length. Can you not simply tape (securely) the new piece of longer wire to the end of the shorter piece. Then pull the short piece back through the ducting - which will then drag the new piece through with it. Once through, simply untape the shorter piece, leaving the new piece in the ducting in its place?

Deadlift1

Hi. Whilst not ideal, there are a number of ways to extend speaker wires. Here are some:

Ideally though it would be preferable to replace the short length with one continuous longer length. Can you not simply tape (securely) the new piece of longer wire to the end of the shorter piece. Then pull the short piece back through the ducting - which will then drag the new piece through with it. Once through, simply untape the shorter piece, leaving the new piece in the ducting in its place?
Thanks for the quick response and help !👍

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom